ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 14, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #21


Thirteen Things about Lisa

13 things you can or can't do when the power is out.

1. Blog

2. Email

3. See at night.

4. Cook. Even with a gas stove, we can't run the oven without power.

5. Watch tv

6. Stay cool. No a/c or fans

7. Bribe the kids with videos

8. Blog

9. Listen to music.

10. Charge the cell phones.

11. We CAN play "It coulda been worse...." (sit around the house and say
how it could be worse than having a power outage, like someone having an
accident.)

12. Can't answer the phone, because all our phones are cordless, lol. Thats
a GOOD thing!

13. Keep your food cold.

We've been without power since noon Wednesday. I expect them to get it up
and running Friday morning, hopefully! We've done ok, we're eating at a friend's
house, gotta cook up our food anyways. The kids are enjoying her enormous
screen tv! I'm borrowing a computer at church to get this done. Hopefully next
week I can get my 13 things you'd find in a small town parade in the Midwest
done.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





8 people think my kids are qtpies:

JAM said...

I feel for y'all. We were without electricity for 9 days, twice, within a month because of two hurricanes in 2004. I sure do like me some 'lectricity, let me tell you. Especially fond of air conditioning.

Hope they get up and running before you miss all your favorite shows.

yofed said...

One thing you can do when there is no power: try for an other baby! ;)

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! Hope you get your power back soon!

Anonymous said...

I would panic if we were without power for that long. I have 3 freezers (1 deep freeze and 2 fridge) freezers, plus our 2 fridges full of food at all times, because I only shop for groceries a couple of times a month. We would lose a lot of food and $$$ if that happened to us. Cooking would be the very least of my worries. I could work my way around that by using our barbecue, which has a gas burner on the side.

maiylah said...

lol at yofed's comment. ;)
when a mean storm passed by, our electricity was cut off for around three days, and we didn't like it one bit! yeah, no electricity means no internet, emails, blogging, tv... :(
hope it'll come back real soon!

byoc said...

I lost electricity this morning and had to ask for help to figure out how to get my car out of the garage to get to work. I'm blond.

One thing I did when I was home alone - before the grandkids moved in - when my electricity went out was fill the bathtub with sleeping bags and pillows and put candles all around it, got a glass of wine and read. It was wonderful while it lasted - 15 minutes. lol

Couldn't you call your mom on your cell phone? I lost your number.

Carina said...

There was a really bad ice storm here right after Christmas break back in 01 or 02. My in-laws were without power for a month. They had a generator for the heater and stove. It was crazy around here.

Hubby and I were away at college, so we got off easy.

Dane Bramage said...

Hope you get back to normal soon. Can a household ful of kids survive very long without Spongebob? Thanks for stopping by my Thursday 13 #44, the 13 Really Really Bad Movies Edition.