ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 26, 2007

Prophetic words.........

I was writing about a friend telling you to look at possible sin in your life in my post Christians? . I said how I had friends who do that, call me out when I'm complaining about how this or that is going wrong, .. And they have pointed out areas that may need to be looked at.
Well, that happened.
My sweet friend who loves me dearly, enough to call me to the carpet, called me to the carpet.
She called me up today (she lives FAR away) and I was telling her how glad I am to hear from her because its cheering me up so much with all my computer woes, and this very morning I tried to get on my computer but all access to the internet was gone, not just trying to sign in, but internet explorer wasn't even ON there, and it was all frustrating. So I tried to go into safe mode and do a system restore to a better time in my computer's life. Well, it worked this time, it went back in time and brought all my stuff back without the adware stuff! But it only works in safe mode, because regular mode........ the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH appears. Safe mode won't allow me to get to the internet, so my hands and feet are removed from me, my life is suddenly halted.......
"Lisa, I think God is telling you to get your butt off the computer and spend more time with Him."
{screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech}
Ummm, I do think that is the problem. Didn't want to hear that, but you know, umm, the truth is what we all want to hear even when we don't want to hear it, right?
I did try spending more time with the kids and cleaning the house and making better food with the computers having limited capabilities, but that wasn't the only thing God wanted from me. Thank you, my dear friend, Sheree, I love you so much and I am more and more grateful for God bringing you into my life! Thank you for speaking the truth and not sparing my feelings even though you are a peace maker at heart and would love to just let things ride out and not make waves! You are my heart-sister that no amount of miles can change.

Well, my dear Donnie told me to try my computer in Safe Mode with networking, and everything works fine there, I can do all things as before, like nothing ever happened, except it is in safe mode and looks a little weird. We'll have to download the pics and stuff and reinstall everything, I guess. It is still better than giving those criminal adware companies our money. They need to be prosecuted. You just would not believe the amount of people on message boards proudly supporting how that software worked so well, not at all suspicious that it was not their virus protection that discovered the problem and sent them to buy it.
Now I need to spend more time with God, because He's calling on me!

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Life gets so busy but the most important is Him! The days I make the time no matter what happens His Spirit sustains me. The days that I don't...are pretty rough because without Him I am nothing but with Him I can do all things...

I have learned to that throughout my day I acknowledge Him in all things and communicate with on the spot things that I need Him for (everyting). Jesus is just a thought away.

She is a good friend to tell you the truth! I like truth too!

byoc said...

Way to go Sheree - I've kind thought the same thing, but I'm not one to make waves. I love ya, kid. Now, have Sheree call me and tell me to stay off the computer - playing solitaire instead of cleaning or playing with the kids. lol
Mom