ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 12, 2007

Two miracles at my house! Three?

I have two miracles and something that may not be a miracle, but is kinda amazing for our kids.
I can't say which kid this is because Devon would kill me, but one of my kids woke up with these hives on Saturday. After 2 days on Zyrtec he looked WORSE than this (I couldn't get him in front of a camera again, I had to tell him this pic was for the doctor, hehe) and I took him in. At that point his face had white areas in the middle, big areas, not pimple like things. The doctor so kindly fit us in when all the docs were booked solid! He's the best! Dr. F walks in and says "Whoa, that's quite a look your sporting there!" He calls in a second opinion within 2 minutes of being in the room. They think its a reaction to a virus or medicine (which he's not on) and there is nothing you can do, basically its not hives. But I had him look at other places and they ARE hives. He really wanted to help Devon get better, so he took a long shot on some steroids working. Devon had to take 8 steroids yesterday! Like the kid isn't buff enough! Devon fought me about going to the doctor, he did not want to go, he'd get better on his own, they can't do anything anyway, its too expensive, we don't have the money..... I was really afraid he might actually bite me! All the way home he was growly, "I just want to go home and SULK." So he did.
But this morning. This morning!!! 8:15am, and ungodly hour of the morning for Devon, he shows up in my door way grinning at me like the Cheshire cat! I'm blind, so I can just tell its Devon by the buffness, and I think he's grinning by the glare of the morning sun shining off his teeth. "What?!?" "Look! Its almost gone!" I grab my glasses for that one! Whoa! Seriously! Its almost gone!
Dr. F was so sweet he even called at 8:30 in the morning to check on Devon! (and I was thinking of switching doctors! Pwsaaa! Donnie can hate him, I still love Dr. F!)
VBS is saved! Devon is a main character and I was going to have to find someone else to play his part, 5 page scripts PER DAY.

Now, the REALLY amazing miracle! I can't remember the last time we've had a P00P incident at our house! Not even a p00py pants! I can't remember!!! (that means its been at least 2 weeks, because I can't remember beyond that)

And the iffy miracle, but still amazing for our house...... I realized the other day that out of our 7 kids, you have to exclude Sam because he is only 7 months, so out of 6 kids, Hope-Anne has made it to 10yo without an accident that caused me to bring her to the doctor, ER, or call poison control! She has had no stitches, sprains, breaks, accidentally on purpose overdoses on meds, drank cleaning supplies, super-glued her eye open, or gotten a concussion! (accidentally on purpose was Drew purposely drinking tylenol, but not knowing it was medicine or could hurt his little body)

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lori said...

Ouch....that looks painful. You've been tagged for a meme! Please visit my post - no pressure - for instructions. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! No, really, hives are no fun, I get small patches of them all the time for no particular reason.

Devon looks like Molly did about a year ago...you know, the day of Ruth's grad party, when I had to run her to the ER! I wish Dr. F had been there that day, (I love Dr. F too), but Molly did the whole steroid thing also, and you can tell how it bulked her up. LOL!

So, yes, I think Hope-Anne getting to 10 yo w/o an ER visit IS A MIRACLE. Molly's been there lots!

JAM said...

That's nifty. I've had to take those steroids to lessen inflamation. One day's massive dose won't turn him into the incredible hulk, no matter how badly he wants to. That's a pretty serious looking rash.

Two weeks with no poo incidents is pretty nifty too.

Carina said...

Sounds like maybe the fourth miracles was getting Devon to the doctor at all. Why are guys that way? I have to bribe, plead, cajole and outright threaten to get my Hubby to the Dr.

Praise God for all your miracles!

Anonymous said...

Glad those steroids worked! That's quite the case there...and he is buff...look at that "V" shaped back! (Am I allowed to say that? hee hee)

Jackie said...

I think Poison Control has our number on their "Keep an Eye on Them" list. So glad Devon is better!

byoc said...

So glad Devon is better - hope you didn't jinx HopeAnne or Trinity. Did he get mad at you for posting the pic?

Anonymous said...

I went through that same thing with Lauren a year ago this week. She attended camp one day, came home to shower, and at that point it became apparent that she was breaking out in a rash, which was spreading rapidly. The doctor said that she was systemic reaction to something she had inhaled at the camp...it could have been pollen, or any number of other things. She too was placed on steroids, which was the only thing that helped bring it under control. She was absolutely miserable without them. I'm glad your son is doing better