ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 24, 2007

Help control the pet population.......?

I don't know what happened at our house. A couple of years ago Donnie lost his mind and brought home a cat. He's a cute cat that Donnie bought at a pet store so that we would have a cat who would stay in the house. (HAHAHAHAHAHA!!) The little hunk missing off of one of his ears should have told him something.... Well, he doesn't stay in the house, but he IS a great cat! Then there were the parakeets. I think we went through 3 of them. 1 flew out the door and 2 died. Well, then we moved. So I picked up a Love Bird from the Humane Society. They don't get the name because they are sweet, loving birds, that's all I'm saying. She died from the cold, we had her in a room with a space heater, but it wasn't enough.
I had been searching for a dog, a GOOD dog. I troll the humane society weekly. I saw the cutest puppy that looked like a teddy bear! I IM'd the link to Donnie who told me to go get it! I don't know what he was thinking! Its a puppy! All went well until I got pregnant and was too sick to keep training. But he is a smart dog and not too bad.

Then Donnie told Hope-Anne she could have a hamster. I really don't know what he was thinking then! (lets just say he can't say no to any of his girls.) This is Rose. She's a good hamster.

Because she took such good care of Rose, Donnie told her she could get another hamster. The one petstore told him that Teddy bear hamsters need to be alone, they fight. So he went to a different petstore and they said it would be fine. So he bought another one. (they don't get along.)

So, here is Lilly. She climbs up the very top of the cage, hangs on the bars and sleeps up there. I woke her up with the flash, but that's how she sleeps.
Then, a couple of days later Donnie went to his men's group meeting at a friends house. The guy told him that he had 2 kittens that he had to get rid of and Donnie said he'd take one! So he comes home at 10pm with this little orange tiger kitten for Cody. We oohed and aahed over him for about 10 minutes when there was a knock at the door. (Yes, that late at night, lol) Apparently he let Donnie pick the wrong kitten and his son was bawling, so he drove for 1/2 an hour that late at night to bring us a different kitten, the very one I would have picked!
So, here is Midnight, who is a girl, which is WAY better than another boy cat. (it also is a stolen cat name from my mom)

This would all be from the guy who said NO MORE PETS. I think he had a couple of brain farts recently. Now we have a dog, 2 cats, 2 hamsters and a fish tank. I may just have to start gunning for a new dog, lol.

Ok, we are NOT this BAD!

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Andie said...

Midnight is SO ADORABLE!!! I grew up with an all white cat. After we were married, we got an all gray cat. They are great! The kiddos are trying to talk hubby into a dog, but he's not buying it. We have two fishtanks...but I think that's about it!
Thanks for entering my contest! With 7 kiddos you absolutly have to "wear" one! :o)
Blessings-Andie

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! We have three kittens we MUST get rid of....can I talk to Donnie please???
:)

Anonymous said...

So are you quiverful minded with pets also? LOL! :) We have "pet issues" at our house also, and I NEVER liked any kind of animal, not dogs, cats or anything.....and now, the dog sleeps on our bed sometimes! Funny how God changes your heart when you become a mom!

Anonymous said...

I think your new little kitty is so cute, and I really wish Terry and I weren't allergic to cats...because we would most certainly would have one! I also wanted to say I love your new pic of your kids! What a great pic of all of them together!

Love ya~!

Anonymous said...

Cute kitteh (kitty)!

JAM said...

That is a cute set of pets.

I went from the "NO animals in the house!" guy, to four miniature poodles, one cat, and one fish int the house guy.

I love them little boogers too.

Like my Brother in Law said when he and my sister got a Laborador several years ago, "If I had known that dogs would be so good and so fun, we could have just had Labs instead of kids."

Julie said...

Thanks for the guilt trip!

We only have one dog and my kids have been begging for a kitten and hamptster.

However, there mean mother is to lazy. And neurotic.

Can they come over and visit to see how the other half lives? lol.

The video was hysterical. Now the kids will want a hippo too!

Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

I love your pet post. Sounds like our family. Over the years, 1 guinea pig, 1 rabbit, at least 57 parakeets (probably more, we bred them for a while), 2 lovebirds (you are quite right about them), several cockatiels, a poodle, many fish, shrimp, snails and often bugs/butterflies as our lessons lead.

Have fun with your menagerie. I am glad we don't have hippoes in the area!
blessings, Kim