ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 24, 2007

And we're back in business!

My husband, who HATES computers, finally, finally, finally fixed my computer! I'm not in safe mode anymore! I have sound now! My computer runs faster without all the old games and junk we didn't use anymore!
Happy, happy, joy, joy!
I don't know why Donnie hates computers, he's really pretty good with them, he manages to provide for all of us. He doesn't make a ginormous salary, but we live in a nice, big, old house. And we have finally paid off all of our vehicles this month! We are making it, even when things get tight, he's a great provider. I can't imagine going to work every day, but to go to work every day to a job you just hate because it provides all your family needs. We could live in a smaller house where the kids have to share bedrooms, get down to at least two vehicles, never eat out or go play and he could have a job that he at least likes a bit. But he makes sure we are given more than we need and I'm so thankful.
Ok, not the point of my post!
Another awesome amazing thing happened! My dryer just up and decided to work! It hasn't been working for a couple of months. It would "work" but shut off after 3-4 minutes with LOUD screeching noises. I wanted a shirt dried on Sunday morning, and it was a tiny, thin shirt for Trinity, so I thought "maybe" it would stay on long enough to dry it if I ran it a couple of times.... well it just kept going and going and going! Now its working! (Ok, its "working" but its not working, it runs without stopping, but its not actually drying, lol, babysteps!)
And then.........
I've been looking for a job, sort of, for a little while now. I've applied but not gotten even a call back. I'm not even reaching high here, we're talking Dairy Queen, lol. I've gotten applications for the nursing homes right on the next block over, but I didn't really have the heart to fill them out. I just don't want to leave my kids at home, plus I'd need to pay the kids for watching the little ones, or have daycare during the day and be home with them in the evenings. It just didn't feel good to me. So I've been praying for God to provide the right job for me. And out of the blue I ended up talking to a friend and offered to baby sit for her, which works out well for both of us because she needs someone to come to her house in the morning so she can leave at 6:15am without waking her little kids up, and I don't have to wake mine up to go there because my husband is home until 9am, and Cody is going to school at home, so I'll have sitters until I get her boys dressed and fed and over to my house! It works out so well, and its only two days a week, two VERY long days, but it won't interfere with my husband's day off! It's enough extra for me to feel good about it, and no daycare costs for me, so its just perfect!
God is so good! My friend is just so excited because I was an answer to prayer for her, as well, she said she's even been dreaming about me babysitting!
So, sometime around the end of August I'll be working, but still at home!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

JAM said...

Sounds like good news all around. I'm glad for you. I also love the new banner up there with all your chilluns.

Jackie said...

That's so great! I love had the Lord provides!

Anonymous said...

It would be great if Donnie could help us with our computer. I think you should come over this week and help me set up my blog. I am ready now, I think. I want to win some prizes, too! :)

That is great that you have LOVE SHACK in your head...great song!