ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 28, 2007

Can it really be over?

Summer seems to have just flickered into and out of my life this year. Usually we are so busy it speeds by, or soooo bored that it drags by. But this year we did nothing and it still sped by. Is it because I have little ones again? I know those years when my older kids were little just sped by.
School starts next week. I hate spending all that money, but I am very, very thankful it isn't as bad as Chicago according to Jessica the Rock Chick . In addition to that post, which was just her high school kids' costs, they were told to buy $100 calculators per kid! So I shouldn't complain. At least we weren't asked to buy toilette paper for the school.
Yesterday the girls and I took off for some school clothes shopping. It was pretty fun. Plato's closet only got Kaytlin a pair of black pinstripe pants for her new waitressing job, but I got Devon some great shirts and a hoodie, which Drew stole today before Devon even knows I bought it. I got 4 shirts, including AE brand and Hollister brand, a pair of pants and a hoodie for $45! Then we slipped next door for a little thrift store that was beyond overpriced and I got Hope-Anne a pair of Sketcher tennis shoes and a cute pair of brown culotte type pants. Then on to Payless so they could each get a pair of sneakers. Believe me, Hope-Anne needs at least 2. On to Walmart. Kaytlin got a really cute black dress, and we got some other underthings and t-shirts. Plus school supplies. Then to Old Navy. That was expensive! But Kaytlin finally, finally got a pair of jeans. For the last 6 years we have not been able to find a pair of jeans that Kaytlin would buy, or if we did buy them, it was just because they "fit" and were barely acceptable. But these jeans, the Sweetheart from Old Navy, not only fit, but she was EXCITED about how they fit and how comfortable they were! I have NEVER seen her excited about a pair of jeans! PLUS the jeans come with a free tank top. So I bought two pairs of jeans in different shades of blue, and got two free shirts. Plus she got a cute shirt and a darling hoodie and Hope-Anne got a great shirt to go with her brown pants and Trinity got flip flops, which she was soooo excited about getting.
Now, all that, and I still have the boys to get through. Thankfully Cody is going to school at home, so his wardrobe is not going to be so important! Devon's is mostly done, just some pants and shoes. Drew probably doesn't needs much, either.
Sorry for boring you!
Devon comes home tonight! After 2 whole weeks in Maine. Drew and Kaytlin "like" my mom's husband, but can barely stand some of his psychotic behavior, and they are both pretty easy going. So they thought Devon would go bonkers on him and get in trouble. But Devon thinks he's "fine" which means he doesn't mind him at all. The big 2 were shocked! Devon sleeps all the time, and I cannot stress how much I mean "all the time." And the Captain makes every get up by 6:30am, unless Grandma forces him to let them sleep in, which is 7:30. Devon had no problem getting up! Which is weird because we can't get the turd out of bed, it takes 3 trips to his room, some yelling, and sometimes threats of cold water, before he will get up.

I may be taking a little trip to the State Fair on the way to the airport today. That should be fun. I'm exhausted right now, I was up way too late last night, so I don't even want to think about going to the fair.

Don't forget about my Little Miracles Give-away! It is also not too late to enter my Thursday Thirteen~ Blogaversary Contest, entries need to be in by tomorrow night, midnight!

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Chic Mama said...

Hey I just popped over since I saw your comment on my blog! What a beautiful family you have! I can't wait to have a house full of munchkins like you! I entered your contest and can't wait to see who wins!

Oh and by the way, if you are serious about learning to knit you should check out www.knittinghelp.com! Awesome site! I new the basics but have basically learned to knit all by her videos!

Chic Mama said...

Dish Cloths you say? Then after you go to knittinghelp.com you must go to this site: http://monthlydishclothkal.blogspot.com/
There is a new dish cloth pattern 2 times a month and you are only given about 7-10 rows a day to complete so it isn't too over whelming! You should check it out!

Ang said...

I love Plato's Closet my favorite jeans come from Old Navy :)(Hopefully they're doing the buy the jeans and get the top free here....hmmm...maybe that'll be a good investment that I'll have to make for...me) One of the big chains of thrift shops here has 1/2 off on the last Wed of the month (ooohh.. I just realized that it's tomarrow!Yippee) So I'm definitly hitting it tomarrow for some clothes for Mikey!!

Me said...

Sounds like you have been busy!:) Good times!:) Ok, so I would hit the State Fair for sure-but then again I am a fanatic!:)

Sassyfrazz said...

It was great to talk to you on the phone this morning. I hope you had a great day, and got to the fair. I hope you had safety today!

Take care!

Kris said...

Sigh....another post to make me homesick. You're a bugger, you know that?

Glad you had such a good time shopping, it sounds like FUN!