ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 27, 2007

More upbeat post

How about that for a change?
I meant for the nursing woes to actually be funny, but apparently missed the mark. Or all of you have experienced the pain and know there is nothing really funny about being bit by a little turd. He bit me again today on the other side, so we're done. I'm going to go buy some bottles and some chocolate and strawberry mix to make the milk more attractive to him than breast milk. Yes, I am a bad mom, but hey, I feed him Diet soda to get him in a good mood, so the sugared milk is a step in the right direction, I think.

Now for the cool news, and a clarification. I did not mean we do not have a van or vehicle, I just meant that sometimes you can't help but spend the money even when you don't have it, so its impossible to ever get ahead. We had to fix our van so we had a vehicle that would hold us. We had to fix dh's work car because if he can't get to work, he can't pay anything. So if that means you can't pay the mortgage this month, what are you gonna do? Its hard. There is no getting around having a car, Donnie works 50 miles away, and he has to, we can't afford to live near his work, and we can't live on what he'd make near our home. Catch 22. So, yes, I do have working vehicles! Some things you can just let go, like the dishwasher, if that died, we wouldn't have to replace it when we don't have money. But we have to buy school supplies, we have to have vehicles, we have to fix our furnace, etc. We are putting off fixing the roof, but I know that it is going to cost us more in the long run this way, but there is nothing I can do about it. God will provide when the time is right. He always has.

After I got off the internet, my friend Jody called and whined to her a bit, and she offered to let me use her washer for my diapers, because I can't use the laundromat for them, its a complicated cycle of 2 rinses a wash and 2 rinses and you do not have control over that at the laundromat. Any way, she told our friend Jeannie that I was on my way over to use her washer and Jeannie said she had a washer I can have! Then Jeannie of course got on my blog and let me know that, too! Isn't she awesome!
As I was all upset about the washer today I was saying to God that I really just need Him to hand me a washer and dryer, because I just can't do it, I have no choice but to buy school supplies. And they can't wait, I HAVE to buy them. What am I going to do? And then, that very same day, God provided me a washer!

10 people think my kids are qtpies:

Me said...

I love hearing stories of how God provides, right away Phillipians 4:19 popped into my head "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." I will continue to pray that God will meet your families needs! PTL!:)

Anonymous said...

God is good! We just have to remember (myself included) tah he provides in HIS timing and not ours... boy is that tough to remember.

Elizabeth F. said...

Awesome story! And, about the biting...that's not good, but there are some tricks to try if you ar enot set on weaning him. If you need any advice/ideas just let me know! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great miracle story (or a "God Rocks" story as my sister would call it). I'm so glad you have a washer!

Anonymous said...

Your washer is ready and waiting outside for you, whenever you want to pick it up.

This works out real well for me too...it got my hubby to install the one he should have installed almost 2 years ago when we moved in here! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear how the Lord is providing for you and your family!

Kris said...

Awesome! God is indeed good, and He loves to surpise us, doesn't He?

Alyson said...

that happens to us all the time. God is wonderful. People who are not believers always say...you are so lucky!!
we know better ;)

Alyson
proud to be country

Jackie said...

I'm so very pleased to hear about your washer!

Carina said...

I was glad to hear about your washer, and here's hoping for good luck with the milk switch.