ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 25, 2007

A funny thing happened

I went to my sister's this weekend for my neices birthday party. We were in the park watching Morgan open presents when my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number, but I was using my dh's phone, so I answered.
"Hello?"
"This is the Sheriff's office calling."
"Ummm, ok, hello."
"There was a 911 call placed from your cell phone a few minutes ago."
"Oh, my little baby was playing with the phone, but it was locked so he couldn't call out!"
"So, it was the baby that made the call?"
"Yes, it was the baby."
"I heard the baby talking in the phone."
"Ok, sorry about that!"
"Ok, I had to check to make sure."
"Bye."

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Elizabeth F. said...

I just read your post to my hubby b/c I thought it was kind of funny. Anyway, he said 2 years ago when we were at the fair 911 called him back! He said, "No I didn't call, my phone is locked as well." They said they heard people talking and that there is an emergency button on his phone that you can press even if your phone is locked!! I never knew that. Not sure which button it is either! I bet there's a lot of babies who get to play with locked phones and their moms don't know that they can call 911. hmmm... They told him to disable that option! :-)

Carina said...

When my cousin was about 2 she called 911 on purpose because she didn't think her mom was giving the right degree of care to her injury. When the cops came to her house they told my aunt her daughter had said, "I hurt my little elbow" to them on the phone. They reamed her out for "letting" her daughter play with the phone.

Anonymous said...

My son did the same thing when he was that age - and the conversation was about the exact same as yours. I was thankful they didn't actually show up, as in the case babystepper shared above. Now there's a 2 year old who is more than precocious!

Anonymous said...

oh boy! lol how funny. we havent had any phone accidents yet....

BlondeBlogger said...

LOL! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

It's funny until it happens to you.

Oldest dd dialed 911 when she was about 2.