ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 08, 2007

Because I feel like it!


Who asked for my opinion? Well, no one, but its Saturday and I feel giving it.

This is the Ubi changing table that is coming out in September. I've seen this table a few months ago on another website but I can't remember which.

This changing table is made to put the diapers in the little slot there and you can just pull it up and put it on, and the material is made to easily wipe clean and is non-microbial to stop growth of all those icky germs. It is also low to the ground so you can sit and change on the floor, or you could put it on a table. The designs are delightful and modern, and personally, I love the Farrow Spa design. You even have a choice in the wood, natural or cherry.



So here is how it works. Put the diapers in with the opening facing down and the backs on top. The you just pull up the back and fasten them to the little fasteners on the Ubi. Then lay your child on there and pull up the front and fasten on the babe.
I am guessing that you change your little one while on the diaper.
There is also a version that does not have the diaper slot in it. I like that version better for cloth diapers.
I could probably only fit 2 cloth diapers in this thingy.


So, what do I think of this? It sure is cute! Love the fabrics and the look. After years of changing diapers on the floor I would probably love this for that. But I do not like it. After 7 kids I have finally gotten the changing table love and I almost never change Sam anywhere else. I don't want my diapers and wipes and other supplies to be hanging around the living room. And if you got a set place for this, would have you to buy a table to put it on? It already costs as much as a regular changing table that actually HOLDS your diapers and supplies and clothes.
I also do not like that it is easily wiped material. I would put a blanket on it for comfort for the baby. Now, the whole quicker diaper change for a newborn boy seems like it would be a plus, but just put the diaper under him before you start, you don't need a table to do that. And let me tell you, if there is an explosion while the child is on there, you won't think it's so easy to clean because you will ruin all the new diapers in the dispenser and then have to get the dispenser off and clean all it's parts that must consist of springs if it automatically lifts the next diaper into place. If you have a child, there will be a poo-splosion. There will.
There you have my opinion. It is adorable and trendy, love the look, but the rest of it is impractical and annoying.


1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I've never seen this type changing table.