ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 18, 2007

The HPV Vaccine

I got this in an email today: Absurd Vaccine Marketing -- Cervical Cancer Vaccinations for Boys.
The big drug company, Merck, is trying to get boys to have the vaccine to prevent the virus that causes some cervical cancers because if they have oral sex with a girl who has the virus they *might* get throat cancer.

This is getting to the point that people have to see that vaccines are not for our health but for money. The people who get vaccine injuries are a higher number than the women who die from cervical cancer that came from the HPV. The vaccine only covers 4 viruses out of 100 that cause cervical cancer, and it doesn't completely protect against those 4. (vaccines are only 80% effective) Girls have already died from the vaccine, others have been hospitalized.
Lets add boys to the mix. Why? Money. The vaccine hadn't even been fully tested before it was approved. It hasn't been around long enough to know what it is going to do to these girls when they start having children. They do know it is causing infertility. What could it do to their babies? What is it going to do to boys?

Then there is this article: Vaccine tied to 'superbug' ear infection.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

I agree that they have not tested this vaccine enough, and even though I had cervical pre-cancer myself, I don't think I'd want my 10 yr old daughter getting one just yet.
My older daughter, (who is in the USAF), has already gotten one...because it was recommended by the AF doctor. She had the vaccine after my grandson, not sure if it will affect her fertility in the future.

First of all though, calling it a "cervical cancer vaccine" is a misnomer; it is really an HPV vaccine. Boys get HPV too, and pass it on to girls, who may or may not get cervical cancer, but the majority of women who get it...also have HPV. So, from that standpoint, if they make it mandatory for girls...it should be for boys too, to stop the spread of the virus.

Also, I am part of a study that is being done to see if some people are genetically predisposed to cervical cancer, so I hope they don't jump the gun here and make it mandatory for anyone just yet.

Mrs. Stam said...

wow this is scary!!! vaccination for an organ that they don't have!

Andrea said...

Yeah...this whole vaccine business is scary and out of control if you ask me! Even though it's "apparently" not as bad in Canada, I STILL think it is NOT good for your children. My boy is as healthy as can be - has never even had a cold and cut his first tooth yesterday with NO FUSSING!!! and I've never given him a single vaccine. And I don't regret it!

Julie said...

Our family only gets minimal vaccines. Most of the new ones I pass on. Enough is enough.

Unknown said...

This kind of stuff gets me steamed.