ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 10, 2007

This morning's discussion on Coolness

Who is actually the cool one?

This morning I caught Drew in a room alone and thanked him for being so nice to Devon lately, including him in things and not fighting. Drew's like "Thank you, I think??"
We discussed it a little that I liked to see him letting Devon hang out and them getting along, now that they are both in high school it is important. Drew is a senior Devon is a freshman.

Drew says "Yeah, Devon's cool factor goes up hanging with us."
I said "I think your cool factor will go up hanging with a jock."
Drew "No, Devon is a freshman hanging with seniors, his cool factor will go up."
Me "Umm, Devon is a jock who lettered in varsity sport before high school, and his cool factor will go up hanging with senior DRAMA geeks?"
Drew "Yeah, and were not all drama geeks, Joey is a senior football player and Tyler is a gangster wanna-be, so that will bring him down some, but.."


Last week at lunch Devon was eating with some new friends and they were talking about girls for some reason and Devon told one of them to just go talk to the girl. And they were all hemming and hawing as freshman boys do. So Devon says he would talk to any girl. So they dared him to talk to the next girl that they saw. So he did. He starts talking to a girl and she says "Oh, I wish I had seen you earlier I wanted to give you the rest of my lunch." It just so happened that the next girl was Kaytlin and her friends! LOL But his friends don't know she is his sister, they just know he talked to some Juniors and they liked him!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

JAM said...

That's funny. I wonder if, in ten years, they'll look back on themselves and how they were and be embarrassed.

I was never one to try to fit in. Each group thought they were the ones that were cool. But nobody was really. Maybe because I was bigger as a freshman than most senior boys that I wasn't intimidated or cared whether they like me or not.

No matter, next year, all the seniors will be freshmen in college and they'll be nobodies all over again. Then, after their senior year of college, they'll just be new-hires wherever they work and won't have any respect yet there either. The cycle repeats all through life.

There's no better way to ingraitate yourself with an older group than the in that a big brother and sister can provide. No wonder he's so nonchalant. That was a smooth move in front of his friends.

Sassyfrazz said...

Love it!! That is great!

Mrs. Stam said...

Coolness factor LOL

Carina said...

Our family was just out of luck. None of us were cool enough to help any others out.

I mean, I was the Band pres. for Pete's sake. I guess my brother did play football. But he was also a music/drama/academic team nerd.

Kisha said...

oh that is just funny. Oh the joys of having older siblings in the school with you.