ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 27, 2007

Thursday Thirteen~ Silver Linings

13 Silver Linings

1. I have the best friends.
2. I have the best job!
3. My church is filled with fantastic believers that bless my socks off.
4. My in-laws live near us now- this IS a good thing, for our kids, us and them.
5. Our furnace may have died when the power was "accidentally" cut off, but it didn't happen during the cold season and it is CHEAP to fix, praise God!
6. We are getting a foreign exchange student for 2 weeks, it will motivate us to do some deep cleaning and make for a great hospitality opportunity.
7. Our freezer may be going wacko, but we have a deep freeze to fall back on.
8. Our transportation may be trying to die on us, which keeps us from being able to work on our ministry opportunities, but God has provided ways for us to get around, or even have meetings in our home.
9. My washer and dryer died, and I had to do a TON of laundry at the laundromat, but I met a woman there who I was able to encourage a great deal, she called me an angel sent by God.
10. And I can use my laundry as an excuse to go see my friends, girl time!!!
11. My working has been a great opportunity for me to bring in some extra money at just the right time, but also I believe there is a bigger purpose, and it is a blessing to me.
12. Someone is going through a really rough time right now, for years, actually, but through that sacrifice some children are getting a good life they wouldn't have been able to have. Love and stability and normalcy.
13. I have a great husband and terrific kids! The biggest blessing of all!

Check out my give-away for a terrific book on journaling for your children!

15 people think my kids are qtpies:

jenn said...

What a wonderful list!
Happy TT.

JAM said...

6. We are getting a foreign exchange student for 2 weeks, it will motivate us to do some deep cleaning and make for a great hospitality opportunity.

Lovely Wife and I often say we need to invite someone to our home every five years or so, if for no other reason than having to seriously clean it.

Jackie said...

I think a thankful heart is one of the most important facets of the Christian life. Thank you for reminding us to look at the silver lining!

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your thankful spirit! a good reminder to us all!

Anonymous said...

Silver Linings - what a great idea for a list...!

Sandee said...

What a positive attitude you have even with all the setbacks. Have a great TT, as I'm sure you will. :)

Carina said...

Way to dig around for those silver linings. I love your attitude!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great list. Nuber nine astounded me with your wisdom and complete openness to God's work! Thank you so much for encouraging me today!

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

Finding all the silver linings, I love it! Have a great TT.

Kathy said...

Terrific idea for your TT! Silver linings! I'll have to remember that for a future list.
It sounds like all your appliances are taking vengeance on you...breaking down at the same time. Ooooo, I hate when that happens. We just replaced our fridge (I did a TT on that a couple of weeks ago) because the freezer wasn't working. A repairman put a thermometer in the lower cooling chamber...Ha! it never got below 42degrees!
You have a great weekend! God bless!

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

This is a really good idea for a TT, thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, wow, that was a really cool list!!!! I may have to do a list like that sometime. I did a TT list too, it's here: http://lifes-adventures.net
God bless you!!
Noelle

Mrs. Stam said...

God is soo GOOD

Anonymous said...

i think you are great. come over to receive your friday fuzzy!

Sassyfrazz said...

Great post! I think it is great to acknowledge the blessings in our life...it helps to divert the negative all around us. So, you wanna come hang out on Tuesday doing laundry at my house? :)