ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 26, 2007

Whats up with men?

I have been working so much lately. Not that it is anywhere near the amount that Donnie works, but it is still a ton for me with still having to do the rest of the things I have to do. So yesterday, even though my house looked worse than a tornado had gone through there (tornadoes don't dirty your dishes), I decided that I was not going to do anything on my day off. And I didn't, include getting dressed. Until Donnie called me at 4:30 and told me that his men's group was at our house at 7. I knew it would take a super hero to get my house clean in time! But we worked so hard, and it was a lot of work, but we got the main rooms that they would be in clean, and I though they looked pretty nice. I even ran a mop over the bad spots, sprayed pretty smelling stuff around, took all sorts of computer part boxes and stuff out of the room. I could not get the kitchen decent because I was missing two kids and it took us so long just to do the rest of the rooms. But they don't go in there anyway.
Afterwards I asked Donnie how it was and he said "It was alright." He doesn't get why that made me mad, he said it was "alright." I'm sorry, I worked my butt off on my only day off because you couldn't tell me two weeks ago that it was here, and its only "alright?" How about "Man, you worked hard! I know how bad it was, thanks so much!" Nope, I should have done a better job on the desks and not let our bedroom door be open the 1 inch it was and so on. Am I mad? You bet! Kaytlin totally agreed with me, and Devon even said he agreed, and he hadn't been home to help us. If he were smart, which obviously he isn't when it comes to women, but if he were, he'd bring home chocolate tonight.

Our praise is that we had a friend look at the furnace tonight and it will probably not cost even $50 to get it fixed, if the transformer is the only problem. We expect it to be the only problem, because that makes sense for it to be that part because it died after the power company cut our power off and turned it back on. ("accidentally" of course!) Think they'll pay for it? I don't think so either. But I am thrilled that it isn't going to be a huge expense for us!

Strangely enough, we got a last minute foreign exchange student coming to stay with us. I'm debating on whether we should have him stay the full 3 weeks, or let him stay with a teacher for one week and with us for 2. He flies in on Saturday! The plan is for us to get him after a week, that will give us time to get rooms ready, we need to put a second bed in Drew's room. He's from Germany and Devon is so excited. He loves taking German, and we thought it would be way too difficult for him.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jessica said...

I agree about the men...they just don't get it. Maybe it's a Donnie thing! :)

I'm so glad to hear about the furnace! What a praise!

The foreign exchange student sounds exciting! How fun for your kids!

I hope you get some rest soon! I'm sure it's much needed!

Carina said...

We ladies need a little meter on our foreheads that lets men know when we have stinkin' had it up to there. Maybe then they wouldn't find themselves saying, What? What did I say?" all the time.

Anonymous said...

Your life sounds overloaded already. We took in a foreign exchange student last year for the full 10 months. It is very expensive to feed a chauffer a teenager. Your $50.00 furnace bill will be a drop in the bucket compared to what it will cost you if your student stays for any period of time. Be careful. Do you really want to do this?

JAM said...

What do you expect?

We're all idiots.

Men are like bosses at a job sometimes. They don't give enough praise for jobs well done, and are overly critical for little things.

cindy kay said...

Oh--- I totally sympathize with your feelings. I hate it when Hubby forgets to tell me my part of a plan he's got going. I feel the righteous indignation heating up!

I guess there's a bright side, though: at least he told you BEFORE they all showed up at the door!