ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 30, 2007

I can't belive this!

Blogging is going to stink for me for the next 4-6 weeks or more.
I don't have the use of my right thumb.
I am right handed.
I use my right thumb for the space bar.
This stinks.
My typing is more than half as slow as it used to be.
All because I went to the zoo in May.
Now I had to get a shot and wear a splint for 6 weeks.

That is the good news for the day. Samuel is a little guy, always has been. At about 5 months old he hit a little fat stage because he fell in love with table food, but lately he hasn't been gaining weight. He isn't losing it, either, but he is only 18lbs 12oz naked. He went from the 26th percentile to the 4th in weight. So he is sort of "failure to thrive" though he doesn't have the usual things with that, like developmental delays or weight loss. He is being tested for celiac disease, which the doctor does not think he has. The presumed cause is probably low iron, which we knew he had slightly low iron a couple of months ago. When I started hyperventilating over the "failure to thrive" she stopped saying it, lol. Sam is a VERY active guy, and not behind in anything. You would never know he isn't perfect, because he appears happy all the time and is always moving and playing. The doctor said he probably isn't very sick because usually if it is serious they look sick.

Anyway, I am a little freaked, but we'll get through. On top of it all, he has a double ear infection, which could be the middle of the night crying jags we've been going through. He doesn't cry when he is nursing, so we didn't think he was in pain. He sure let us know it hurt when they drew his blood today!

11 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

what did you do your thumb????

My man has celiac disease

Im praying for Samuel that they can find out whats wrong with him, that he can start gaining weight again and that his ear infections clear up.

Jessica said...

I'll be praying for you and Samuel.

Kathy said...

Ouch! that really hurts! That will definitely be an inconvenience when typing. As for your son, I will pray for him. My youngest was always underweight, too. She still is at the age of almost 15 now. I think we're gonna throw a 100lb party when she hits that golden mark! Haha!

Just to let you know.....I tagged you! God bless you & your family!

Workship said...

What did you do to your thumb?!
Bummer on the ear infections. Sam's gonna pull through this. We'll join the prayer team. Molasses is fantastic for pulling up the iron levels. Used it a number of times in pregnancy. Stir it in milk or mix with something else.
I enjoy your blog. :-)

Sassyfrazz said...

Do you mean 18 pounds? I thought you said 18 last night....8 pounds!! WOW~

Sassyfrazz said...

Do you think Sam should go on the prayer chain at Church? I can call them, if you want me to. Know that I am praying (fervantly) too!

Qtpies7 said...

LOL I fixed the weight, thanks Sarah!
I can send an email to the prayer chain. Good idea.

Unknown said...

That's terrible about your thumb. Will it get completely better eventually? How old is Samuel? I hope his issues shake themselves out!

Anonymous said...

Tag you're it!

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-got-tagged-for-10-20-30-year-meme.html

Polly Pierce said...

How on earth do you manage without your thumb? It must get snagged on just about everything, especially with a little one around too!

Do let us know what happens with both of you, ie your thumb & little Sam, it sounds like you've both been having a rotten time of it.

Enjoy the holiday season and don't forget that there is a new year just around the corner!

Polly Pierce said...

I can't believe this! I have been checking in & out, regularly since October just to see what's happening & have been very disappointed to find NOTHING!!!

Fact is, I had another peek this morning and noticed that you have changed your url!!! I have been missing out for weeks now. Anyway, Ihave now changed the address on my link to your site so that others might be inspired by you & your family!
All the best,

Polly