ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 21, 2007

New Recipe!


Ok, so I got this new Grey Poupon set of 3 mustards. I got a little creative, though I'm sure someone else has done this before, I'm not all that creative in the kitchen.
I spread the savory honey mustard on chicken then dipped it in generic shake and bake stuff with no flavoring and baked it. Oh my gosh, it was like crack.
I am now going to call it "Crack Chicken."
My husband was so in love with it he bought the ingredients to make it again, except our store doesn't carry Grey Poupon. So, once I am done with the jar I have to switch to some other brand. I don't think it is going to taste the same, but I'll find out tomorrow.
Donnie is also nuts about the other two flavors. I put the stone ground mustard in some potato salad and it was delicious!
Ok, I'm done now, I'm not a commercial, hehe.
Seriously, though, you all need to try Crack Chicken. But if you are on a diet, make sure you only make enough to have one piece, because we went through two family size packages of thighs, when we normally only eat one.
(Kraft has a similar recipe, but mine is easier) Alrighty, ladies, I meant crack cocaine, not butt crack, lol! Maybe I should call it Cocaine Chicken. Seriously, you all should try it! I'm making it again tonight.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Michelle said...

ROFL "Crack Chicken!" That just kills me. Glad you um, liked it. lol

Carina said...

Hmmm. I keep picturing all these little plumber chickens in low-rise work jeans.

Anonymous said...

If you would like a variation on this recipe, and like to barbecue, you could spread honey mustard on grilled chicken breasts, then top them with crumbled bacon (I just buy the REAL bacon bit in the jar) and some cheddar cheese. Allow the cheese to melt, then serve. This is one of my favourite ways to eat grilled chicken.

www.northofthe49.com

JAM said...

I knew which crack you meant. When lovely wife is going to the store and asks me if I want something and I'm in the mood for ice cream I tell her, see if they have any "Crack." That's my term for Blue Bell brand chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. That's my crack.

This sounds good and easy. Lovely Wife and I'll have to go to one of the snooty grocery stores here in town and see if we can find some grey poupon.

Unknown said...

What do you mean, the unflavored kind of shake and bake? I want to try this.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm I gotta get me some Chicken Crack. Where did you find the mustard?

Qtpies7 said...

Ok, now, Chicken Crack sounds really funny! LOL

I am a BzzAgent and was given a set of the three new mustards to try. But I wonder if Walmart would carry it?? Probably more froofroo stores??? I don't know why mine doesn't carry it, other than we are a small town. They are a brand new store, and they are getting froofroo so I expect that they will have it. I think the mustards are just pretty new.
Generic Honey Dijon mustard is NOT the same as Grey Poupon Savory Honey, but it is still good.