ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 07, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I went to the basement to get some curriculum I had packed away.
I was trying to find the box that I told someone to put in the closet down there. It wasn't there. I did find a box with a little bit of stuff in it. But I don't care anymore.

I started smelling something weird. What is that? I look up and see.....
NO!
Oh, no, not again.
Not again!!!!!!

So, I open the deep freeze. Oh, yes. Someone who "cleaned" down there by moving boxes from on top of the counter to next to the freezer had bumped the plug.

And there was venison and a huge turkey in there.

I started gagging. I nearly lost it and puked on the floor down there. I grabbed Sam and RAN up the stairs. But it is filling my house with odor!!!!!!!!!
The furnace is spreading the smell all over my house!

Oh my gosh we are gonna die!

12 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH. You poor thing. That happened to me once. The freezer was in the garage right next to the furnace. I couldn't handle it, I took the kids and went out for the day while hubs took care of the mess. Yuck.

Jessica said...

Oh no!!! That totally stinks, pun intended! The worst smell I have encountered is rotting potatoes. I was 6 months pregnant though, so that MAY have something to do with adding to my memory. I hope the smell quickly goes away for you!

Unknown said...

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing. You worded your desperation and panic so well, this so would have been me in your situation. Oh my goodness. I feel for you so much. In a situation like that, I'm afraid I would leave and let someone else (hubby) get rid of it and then come back when the problem had disappeared! YUCK!

Carina said...

Oh man! That's lousy! I'm so sorry for you. (and the deer and the turkey)

Robyn Jones said...

ugh...that is horrible...and such a loss of money too..I am always afraid that is going to happen to my freezer because of where it is...I check it all the time....but yuck to happen when you can't even open any windows...

michelle said...

Oh no! That is absolutely awful. I don't envy you that clean-up at all!!! Rotting chicken (never smelled rotting venison, though I'm sure it isn't great) is positively gross. I don't blame you for gagging or throwing up. I probably would have as well.

One time we found a small package of shrimp that someone had forgotten to put in the freezer. OH MY GOODNESS!!! was that terrible. The worst part is that it takes ages for the odor to go away. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's horrible!

I hope you can get the smell cleared out soon - I've got a "sensitive nose," and just the thought of that smell gives me sympathy pains.

Susan said...

I'm glad that it is your house and not mine. I would have puked.

Ang said...

So sorry that this happened to you, BUT I'm laughing my butt off right now knowing that I'm not the only one!!!!!! (Sorry- I jinxed you!) Just in a few days don't go open the lid and stick your head down close to see if the odor has gone away. I'm.Just.Saying! Have a better day!!!

Kris said...

I guess that's the ONLY advantage to not having a separate freezer.

PEEEEYEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Oh, yuck! Nothing smells worse!