ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 27, 2008

4 miles is NOT going to happen

I had some errands to run today, so I thought I would walk them for my exercise plan. Not that I have any intention of ever walking 4 miles, unless it is shopping at the Mall of America.
I also decided to increase the aerobic benefit by wearing Sam in a wrap.
First mistake was deciding to walk at all, but walking in snow boots carrying a toddler wasn't smart. And then I didn't wear him on my hip so he could see where we were going, so he constantly twisted to see this side and that.
But I did walk. I walked about a block and a half to a nursing home to drop off some applications for the kids. Then I walked two blocks further and stopped at an insurance place to get some quotes. (insuring teens is insane!) From there I walked about 3 more blocks to the bank. (or maybe it was only 1 block, but it felt like 3) Then I had to get back home, about 3 blocks.
I was not loving it, I can tell you that much.
It is outside. Big strike against it. It is exercise, another big strike. And it wore me out!

I don't know why he picked 4 miles, my friend The Token Old Lady was only told 3 miles by the same doc.

My pastor started a blog! You should all go welcome him to the blogging world. Birding Pastor.

I'm off to bring some teens to a homeless shelter or something. I haven't been there, but they needed a chaperon and I am available. Should be fun. Usually my kids go, but so far none of them are going today. Apparently when the band Skillet is in town everything else can wait.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

I can't get past the part of your post where you said you were dropping off applications at the nursing home for the kids. I know you don't mean this- but it sounds like you're trying to have the kids put into the nursing home and it's making me laugh.

Anyhoo- I would start out small- like try to do a mile and work your way up. Trying to do 4 miles sounds crazy to me!

Mrs. Stam said...

I feel you pain babywearing ion snow boots is a pain!!!!

Sassyfrazz said...

WOW! I congratulate you on going for a walk. That is a great step in the right direction...you know I will be begging you for walks with the kids to the park in about a month, right?