ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 31, 2008

I'm blind!!!

OK, not blind, but I can't see. I actually cannot see what I am typing right now. I'm a good typist, so I am pretty confidant in it, though. I will have to lean really, really, really, really close to the screen to check for errors before I send it, or have my mom proof it.

"What happened?" you ask?


Well, it all started a couple of days ago. I think. Friday night Samuel slept through the night pretty well, but he didn't really wake up on Saturday. He had a low grade fever and slept the WHOLE day. Yes, the whole day. Then he slept the entire night on Saturday night. Sunday morning he seemed much better, though he was still clingy and a bit on the testy side.


At some point he took a nap for Drew yesterday while us grown-ups were out for lunch, but we aren't sure how long that nap was. But in hind sight it must have been a doozy.


Last night Sam was wired. He ran around playing basketball, chasing the cat, playing and playing until finally at midnight I decided he needed to go to bed even if he didn't seem tired.


Well, he didn't agree. And finally, at around 2:30 I gave up and went to watch a movie with him. Often a movie will put him to sleep. Nope. He climbed all over me, tortured me, fussed and cried and occasionally watched the move and laughed at it.


Pretty soon, time went too fast for me, I had to start the movie again. After giving him a pain killer and some night time Triaminic hoping it would knock his butt out. Nope.


Obviously this was not going to be a good night, so I decided that I may as well sleep on the couch while he climbs all over my face and suffocates me, so I took my glasses off and settled in for as much sleep as the brat would allow.


At 5:05 I woke up to Samuel standing in front of me. And what was he doing? Not suffocating me or pulling me hair or hitting me. Nope, he decided to blind me instead.




That part standing up? Yeah, that is the inside part facing outward and down. (pointing up in the picture, but down if I was trying to wear them.)




And, yes, that is the lens sitting there. I had to wake Donnie up to come find the lens because I cannot see without it. Then we went to bed, no more TV.

Oh, and at 5:17am, he finally went to sleep.

12 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

So if you are blind then you can't read this comment I'm leaving, right? And that means that I can write whatever witty things I want and you will never see them, right? Oh why do I have to be at a loss for words at this exact moment?

Michelle

P.S. I am sorry to hear about your glasses. I hope you are able to get them fixed soon.

P.P.S. You did great with your typing. I just read your post quickly, but I didn't see anything that looked like this "dp O hirdd upi fof plsu/" (That says, "so I guess you did okay." with my hands shifted over.)

P.P.P.S. Thanks for coming to my blog to check on me the other day. I will be posting soon (hopefully) about where I have been.

Lisa said...

Yike's....Sorry to hear about your glasses, it does look like you will need a new pair today...I hated wearing glasses, I finally had saved up enough money and had my eyes lasered 5 years ago and it was the best thing I have ever done with my saving's.

Qtpies7 said...

I have my glasses back! It is an amazing story and I will have to blog it! God is good!

Carina said...

I don't think I would know what to be more upset about...the glasses or the night of no sleep!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a spare! And your typing is excellent for someone who can't see.

Mrs. Stam said...

It's not funny but I have the same problem Rebekah broke my glass and they are now held by crazy glue!!!!

Kids are so silly! hope you'll be able so see soon

Susan said...

I am so sorry to hear about your glasses. Those nights are the longest nights ever and you feel like they are never going to end.

Susan said...

I am so glad that your glasses are fixed and I love that you told that lady that you had been praying to God about this. What a great way to be a light to someone and plant some seed.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Ouch! On the sleep and the glasses!

Sassyfrazz said...

Oh, that is so sad! Your new glasses that are so pretty!

Hopefully you have a warrantee on them!

That little stinker! Terry really needs to invent his velcro wall for misbehaving (or non-sleeping) kids...just put 'em up on the velcro wall...

hope things are better for you guys.

Laura Paxton said...

Glad that you were able to get them fixed so quickly!

Nancy Sabina said...

I live in fear of one of my kids breaking my glasses - because I would be blind too. Have you ever tried Zennioptical.com? Frames and lenses starting at $7 - for BOTH. Really. My fear is quieted a little since they are so cheap that I recently bought two pair. And since my kids are bound to need glasses, too - I am so glad I found this site. - Sorry for the commercial. I promise I don't work for them or anything. It's just such a great site.