ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 25, 2008

The Looney Bin

OK, so most of you know that I call my mom's side of the family The Loony Bin. And they are, and yes, Aunt Gwen, I do know that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and I attribute my blogging success to just that trait.
Well, today I found proof of just how wide-spread that looniness is.
A distant, distant cousin is apparently keeping a book of all of our families. I have never even heard of him, or his parents, grandparents, etc. I have no idea who he is or that he was doing it.
In those logs he recorded that, back when I had 5 kids, I was in some sort of fanatical religion (possible wrote a cult, I didn't read it yet) and that because of those beliefs I wouldn't allow my mom to visit my children because she was divorced so many times.



(crickets chirping)



I don't know where he heard that. My mom has no idea where on earth that came from. She was blown away. I have never kept my kids from her. I, at one time, didn't allow them to sleep over at her house while her teenage son was there because I didn't like how mean he was to them. I don't know how that turned into what he reported.

I really have no idea where he got this idea. And this is one of two remarks he has made that he does not reveal the source of the information. He never checks the source for the truth, apparently. So I feel that I couldn't trust anything in his records. He is going to remove it, though. He leaves out the part about one of our relatives being one of the very first sex change operations many, many years ago. She (formerly he) is now an artist on the East Coast, or was before she got really old. Apparently the family announced him as dead when he had the surgery.

Weird, huh? And that is just the tip of the loony that is my family.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Kristin said...

Oh you ahve no idea mine is looney too. At least it gives you something to do, never a boring moment!

Sassyfrazz said...

I do think that is odd...and crazy...and kind spooky. I hope you find him and set him straight!