ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 24, 2008

Oops!

Not only does my mom live with me, she reads my blog. So I have to keep it kind of, umm, clean?? Whatever! I have 7 kids, she knows how they are made, lol!

So last night Samuel was not sleeping in our bed, which is a rare thing, indeed. I had Donnie get Trinity to bed so she wouldn't bug Hope-Anne, which would have them both coming up and down the stairs tattling for 20 minutes or more. I shut down the lights and the computers and readied the house for the night.
As I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed I decided we should take advantage of Samuel not being in our bed. I ditched my clothes and slipped into my dark room. I got into the bed and slid over to Donnie......... nothing. The bed was empty. Empty.
Where is he? Everyone is in bed. He didn't say he was going anywhere. I got dressed and started hunting for him.
Unfortunately, I had sent a pushover to put a 4 year old to bed. Sure enough, I found him in her bed reading book after book after book.

10 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

That made me laugh...(Sorry) that so sounds like what happens here on a regular basis.

Carina said...

Ha!

They really are such pushovers, aren't they?

Art used to fall asleep when he snuggled with Zaya to put him to bed. I'd have to go wake him up.

Unknown said...

So we all want to know...did you get your "special night" with Donnie?

Anonymous said...

You needed to give him a hint at the incentive before you sent him up there...

Sassyfrazz said...

Sometimes men can be so clueless...do they really need THAT spelled out?

LOL~
So, I agree with Sniz, did ya all get jiggy or what?

Elizabeth F. said...

Figures, huh? Anytime we are in the mood, they aren't, or busy, or alseep! IT is nice to have your bed all to yourself every once in a while, huh?

Susan said...

Well I know for my husband and I always tell him early in the evening that we should sneak some icecream when the kids go to bed. Then I Know he won't get sidetracked by too many bedtime stories.

Melissa said...

ha ha...he didnt even realize what he was missing. Well seems like your children have a sweet daddy!

Wendy said...

Too funny Lisa. Since my husband goes to bed before the kids...that doesn't happen.

Wendy said...

Too funny Lisa. Since my husband goes to bed before the kids...that doesn't happen.