ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 12, 2008

Tell me the pain is worth it.

Parenting is the most painful job I know of.
Sometimes I just hate doing it. Or more that I hate that there are things that are far beyond me and I just don't know what to do. Why does God give us kids that we don't instinctively know how to raise? LOL Shouldn't we just KNOW what to do? We have to do things on the spot, and it is often so unpredictable that you just can't be prepared.
Throw in a brain injury, a disability, or some other thing and things are really thrown for a loop. Especially if you have something that there isn't a book for.

I know that it is worth it. I just don't feel like that today.

It could be that we prayed about the whole respect issue this morning, and then the big blowout today. It usually works that way. I'm still looking for the insight on it.

Do you ever want to quit being a mom?

13 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

More times then I care to admit, even more so when I had to send my son to a hospital for mental health and behavior issues, but I have learned it's not our fault and some of its not his. But it still hurts my heart knowing I had to send him away, but it was the best and only thing I could do for him since we had exhausted every other choices.

Jessica said...

I've decided parenting is the hardest and longest job ever! It will never end and you can't quit even when you are pulling your hair out. *Sigh* It's hard sometimes.

Laura Paxton said...

VERY hard...and yes, I've had one of those weeks, too, this week. And, since it looks like this is a good time for this...I left you a little something over on my blog! Come see!

Christine said...

Lisa, we all know it is worth it in the end but the pain is tough when in the midst of it. We thought we had the parenting thing all figured out, including the one with disabilities until we adopted the one with mental health issues. Now we feel like we are in the dark again. It is a constant learning experience. Love you guys!

Jackie said...

I finally decided that the Lord must have given me children because He had a lot to teach me! Hang in there, Lisa! Hugs from Georgia for you!

Susan said...

I can say I don't ever want to quit being a mom, but there are times when I feel like I just want to give up trying to teach them the way of the Lord. The world is all around all the time and it gets really hard being different all the time. These are the times when I struggle but I know that God has called me to do this and I know that his ways are sometimes followed with challenges.
Keep it up you are a great mom.

Tarasview said...

oh I absolutely understand! And yes, I have definitely thought of turning in my resignation!

Parenting is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever done. Nothing else as ever given me as much joy or as much pain.

It is worth it!

Unknown said...

Girl, I felt just like this a couple of days ago. Sometimes I just feel SO annoyed and I just think I'd feel sooo much better if I were by myself and didn't have to take care of the kids. I know what you're saying...you love your kids and you would never give them up; your life wouldn't be complete without them. But that doesn't mean that you don't have moments in your life that you hate!

yofed said...

I hope that will cheer you up: I'm tagging you for a meme! ;)

Anonymous said...

You're definitely not alone. Sometimes the girls get the best of me and there's only 2 of them. You have 7! Hang in there!

Melanie said...

I finally have some time to make my rounds to the UBP. Sorry I'm a bit late, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
I love your blog, I'm so glad I stopped by. I only have 2 and somedays I sure feel like quitting- so I can only imagine what it's like with 7!
Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

Sassyfrazz said...

Yes, I have moments that I would love to go back and have no responsibilities. God does use our children to stretch us to grow. I know parenting is the TOUGHEST and most Rewarding (after the fact) jobs out there!

Elizabeth F. said...

I want to quit at least once a month! But, I feel that if we didn't have these challenges in life, then we would run the risk of not "needing" to lean on our Father. The tough times are when He wants us to come to Him for help and guidance. If we knew everything, we wouldn't need Him. LOL!