ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 14, 2008

Cha cha changes...

Yesterday I rearranged my living room! OK, I arranged it back to the way it is supposed to be. We changed it to fit the Christmas tree and haven't changed it back. We tried some other things and it just didn't work. It really stopped working when we moved the kids' rooms around because there isn't room for toys in their rooms, and Sam doesn't really have a room yet.
Now I have the back half of my living room as a computer/toy room again. (I have an enormous living room)

We also are revamping our chore list. The kids didn't like having to do a chore of their choosing each day, and rarely did it without me having to hunt them down and hunt them down and hunt them down, and then drag them out of bed and have a screaming match with them. They felt they should have a detailed list and there should be punishments instead of yelling. I say there should be finished chores and there would be no yelling.
And there was a lot of disrespect from some of our kids. Teens thinking they should be able to not do chores and then not be yelled at and if they are, then they should be able to yell back and smart mouth. Yeppers, that isn't flying.
So yesterday Donnie came home from work early and laid down the law. They are not to disrespect HIS wife. And they are going to do their chores before he gets up the next day or they are grounded for a day AND lose a part of their allowance. He is going to run it military style. Read the list yourself, do it yourself, or get punished. Period. No arguments. He doesn't care if they have sporting events until 11pm, they still have to get the chore done. Homework? Too bad. Get the chore done. See, I tried to work with all that, and they didn't like it. They crapped on me for over a year. He is done. They can, however, approach Donnie in advance if they will be unable to do a chore, and they can work something out. If they don't work something out, then it WILL be done.

Donnie also won't let me argue with them. He says to just keep repeating DO IT. Not argue that the last three times they said they'd do it when the got home they didn't do it. Just say no, do it now.

What hasn't changed is that I am STILL sick. I've felt nauseated for 13 days now. Nothing else, just nauseated. And no, it is not a pregnancy. At least according to the 8 pregnancy tests I've taken. Oh, come on, you'd take that many too, if you were this nauseated, lol.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Woo Hoo you go girl!!!!!

Carina said...

Good luck on the new plans.

Hope you figure out right away what's making you sick.

Melissa said...

OH I hope that you are feeling better. And yea I have taken that many pregnancy test, but it was because it was a yes and I couldn't believe it :)

Sassyfrazz said...

I hope this will work for you guys. That is great that Donnie put the SMACK down! Thanks for coming with me last night...it was great to be with my friend! :) Maddie has Influenza A...and I can almost be sure Caleb does, too. Now we wait it out, and pray that they don't get pneumonia from it.

Jackie said...

Way for Donnie to lay down the law. A husband that will do that for his wife is priceless!