ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 05, 2008

Now I become a critic

A movie critic, that is. I've always been good at criticizing things. And movies in particular. It drives Donnie nuts. However, I must review the last two movies I went to. The Superhero Movie and The Bucket List.
Donnie and I had seen the preview for Superhero Movie and it looked kind of silly and fun. And we are quite the comic book hero family. (you have NO idea!) We bought our tickets and our popcorn and Twizzlers and took our seat for a nice evening of laughing.
And we sat and we sat and we sat. Waiting for the funny part in the parody of Spiderman. The film the movie was made on was worth more than any part of the movie. It was the biggest waste of my life. Seriously, take your $7 and flush it down the toilet; that will be more fun to watch than the Superhero Movie.
Was I clear that the movie was not funny?


Oh, but the Bucket List! I think that was one of the top 5 films I have ever seen. I can't even think of one that tops it right now. OK, The Lake House was pretty near the most awesome movie ever, but I think The Bucket List is actually better. Not because they are not both great, but because The Bucket List is for everyone, not just romantic saps like me. I laughed and laughed through the movie. And then I cried. And then I laughed while crying. I laughed because I was crying. Then I laughed until I cried. This movie is worth paying double price to see. It is a must-see for everyone.

I went to see it with my mom and my friends Jody and Jeannie. We all just loved it. Between the four of us, that is 8 thumbs up, my friends, 8 thumbs up.
Maybe some of the joy was from our fun sneaking candy and soda into the theater. We bought a 2lb bag of Twizzlers, 3 movie size boxes of candy and 4 20 oz bottles of drinks. Now how were we going to get those into the theater? Jody barely carries more than a wallet. I just switched to a smaller purse, but I was able to fit 3 boxes of candy in there after I emptied the contents. Jeannie didn't have a big purse either. My mom, however, has a deceptively enormous purse. We fit 2lbs of Twizzlers and four 20 oz bottles in her purse! LOL The check out lady at Walmart got quite a kick out of our planning.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Wendy said...

I LOVED the bucket list. How did you like Morgan Freeman's only loving one woman in his lifetime??? Not many movies make that out to be a good thing. It was awesome. Jack was just Jack, wonderfully mischevious as always.