ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 01, 2008

Bloggy update on a busy day

Devon is going on a youth trip this summer, part leadership training with acts of service for the Salt Lake community thrown in. We are in the process of fundraising to pay for the week long trip. Today was day 1 of our church-wide garage sale. (literally in the church garage) I think we did amazing; with two days to go! It was a long day of being on my feet, so when I got home and sat down by my mom I said "My dogs are barking." And she had NO idea what I meant by that, since the dogs were not barking. Seriously. She had never heard that expression and I had to google it to show her I wasn't making it up.

When I got home today I had a package with one of my prizes! An apron and a bag of pomegranate pucker organic candy. Those are AMAZING! I hope I can find where they are sold because this bag won't last long, despite it's enormous size.

We are still praying and having our church family praying about Donnie's job, but honestly, we can't imagine how he will be able to keep it, and if he did, how he'd be able to stand working for someone who is constantly digging to find a way to fire you. God can drastically change the whole situation, we know that, but it may be better for Donnie to move on. We are trusting God in this. We want His will, not ours, though mine is to not lose our house. (I'm kind of freaky about that)

Speaking of which........ Donnie always pays our mortgage online, but today they said we owed 3 months of mortgage payments!!!! OH, we were not behind. We haven't made a late payment in 12 solid months. We were close to losing the house then, and had to work hard not to be foreclosed on. We have had to go without our van because we can't afford to fix it, our cars come and go on what works and what doesn't. We are pushing through to make it. Finally, finally, we were to be caught up in April! And then this. Now, Donnie could see that every month the payment had made it, and the automatic phone thingy said that the last payment made was April 29th. Umm, we didn't make a payment that day, we were almost broke that day.
After 1 1/2 on the phone and three transfers someone figures it out. They had to finalize things and ended up giving us a refund. But they recorded it wrong and marked one of our payments as something else. It is supposed to be fixed in 15 days. Wouldn't that be fun to go through as you sit there thinking you are about to lose your job?


The great news is that my mom is working now! It may not be a permanent job, but she will feel good about getting a paycheck for awhile, and it may turn into a permanent job. I don't think she likes it yet. That could be because they have a very, very screwed up accounting problem and she needs to help figure things out.

Oh, and I actually donated all my baby furniture to the church garage sale. I've been thinking that if I gave away my maternity clothes that I would turn up pregnant. Didn't happen. So I am giving away my swings and things. We'll see. But now, with the whole job thing, it might not be a great time, ya think?

Another exciting thing in our lives is that we started our own company and are very excited about it! Wouldn't it be amazing if Donnie got a severance package for 6 months pay and we could just devote our time to our business and maybe not need a job at all?

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

I am sorry that you are going through this valley. I continue to pray for you and Donnie. God has a plan. I am sorry to hear about your house situation, too.
WOW! You donated all your baby stuff? I have your nursing top here. (the salmon color)
I think it is great that your mom got a job! I hope it will work out for her!

Sassyfrazz said...

How did everything go after the bathroom flooding? Everything ok?

I hope the garage sale goes well!
Congrats on your bloggy giveaway!

Mamacita said...

Wow...all this going on and you still had time to mail the otoscope-y thing! I got it today and we've been oohing and ahhhing all evening long. :) Thanks again!

Lisa said...

Just a thought, maybe God is trying to tell Donnie that he has another plan in the works for him.

Now that you gave away all the baby stuff and preggo items is the time you will be blessed with another baby.

I said a prayer for peace and calm for the family. That Donnie will find a job or if it is to be God's will that your home business will take off..

Your doing a great job, hang in there...

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you were able to fix the mortgage fiasco! Even with the best technology, human error can still hurt us.

Anonymous said...

Hello! It's been ages since I checked in on your blog! Alan and I are going thru the same thing, job wise. He lost his last job, he has another - which he loves - but it's all commission and so far, it's not quite cutting it. God has provided, tho.... we'll see where it goes from here. I hope God shows Donnie the next step soon.