ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 10, 2008

Even stranger?

I spent some time in the ER last night. I had called to make an appointment with my doctor, and long story short, I had to go to the ER to be seen, do not wait until Monday, do not pass go.
At first it was "Vertigo" even though vertigo doesn't come with vision problems, so he thought I was coincidentally getting migraines with the vertigo. Well, we shut the lights off, which stopped the vision issues right away, but then within minutes of him leaving me and having the nurses treat the vertigo, the migraine pain hit hard and my blood pressure went up.
That seemed to turn on a light bulb moment and it appears that the whole thing is migraine related. A basal something migraine. There is some sort of basal stem or something that connects to the cerebellum that controls thoughts and words and balance. That is messed up somehow and is causing the near fainting and dizziness.

Next step, an MRI or MRA with my regular doctor.

When I was done getting the IV meds for the migraine that they ordered after the second diagnosis, the IV kicked into high gear, BUT there was still 45 minutes to go! Ugh!!! I have to be at ladies night out!!! The doctor came by to check on me on his way off duty and I asked him (with 30 mins to go) if I really had to have ALL of the IV??? So he called in a nurse to discharge me so I could get my butt to Ladies Night!!!

And I am glad I did. Not only was it FUN, but my friend Sassyfrazz made a special little announcement!!!

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

Are you sure we're not related? I have had a couple of "episodes" that have been diagnosed by th drs as "migraine related". Both times I have felt rather "faint", as you have described, and then my thoughts go kinda crazy, like I'm wide awake, but having a dream at the same time. I feel almost like I've been drugged or something, but neither time was on any meds.

One time I was driving, and could NOT focus on driving down the road. The other time, I was shopping at Unclaimed Freight. Very scary, if it happens again though, I'm going to demand they get to the bottom of it.

Ang said...

I hope that you get feeling better soon!! I think that feeling 'funny' always is far worse than puking, poopin, or anything else. Have a great Mother's Day!!

Carina said...

That's scary stuff. I bet your doctor thinks you're a crazy woman! Asking to leave the ER so you can go to Ladies' Night! =)

Sassyfrazz said...

I really hope the Dr.'s can figure out what is really going on...or that the MRI will show it! I also hope it isn't anything serious!

I think it is great that you wanted to leave to go to LNO~
I was hoping to have Maddie just a few days early so I wouldn't miss it. Hopefully this baby will cooperate! :)

Sassyfrazz said...

I really hope the Dr.'s can figure out what is really going on...or that the MRI will show it! I also hope it isn't anything serious!

I think it is great that you wanted to leave to go to LNO~
I was hoping to have Maddie just a few days early so I wouldn't miss it. Hopefully this baby will cooperate! :)

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Just catching up. Sorry to hear about the migraines. They are weird and horrible things.