ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 11, 2008

What a great weekend!

Friday night was Ladies Night Out, I was exhausted from being in the ER for several hours and the doctors inducing a migraine and drugging me up, but I still had fun playing Quelf with my friends. I learned something new this month. My friend Paula tops my boys' willingness to eat their own poo for money, she said she would eat anyone's poo for the right amount of money. And she didn't bat an eyelash at their $50 level, either. And my friend Sarah announced her Christmas present this year is going to be a little bundle of poo making cuteness!

Saturday morning came much too early. The women's ministry put on a women's spring banquet that morning, and I on on that committee, so I had to be there bright and early. We had a terrific speaker, Tracey Finck, who wrote the book Love Letters to a Child. She spoke on her book and journaling to your children. There is one rule, the entries have to be GOOD and TRUE. She spoke of the ways it has encouraged her children, like one time when her oldest daughter was on the receiving end of some cruelty and felt like she was just the ugliest and worst person in the world. Tracey pulled that big teenager into her lap and read her the journals and showed her just what a wonderful and beautiful daughter of the King she is. And I just cried and cried through the whole thing. Truly an amazing experience. I write a lot of true things about my kids on my blog, but they are not always nice, I tell the bad things they, do to. They need something that always uplifts them. I am going to go pick up some journals and do it. Even at this late in the game with the older kids.


And then came Mother's Day. I was woken up with my traditional breakfast in bed. The one day a year I eat breakfast. It is always a bit off in flavor, and I really dislike breakfast to start with. But usually I have a little secret that gets me out of eating it. I call him "Honey," but today he slipped out of bed and took his mom and my mom out for breakfast and left ME to eat the food myself. I was going to slip the food to the dog when Hope-Anne left the room, but the dog followed her and I couldn't call her back without getting busted!!!! I enjoyed the coffee, though, weak as it was. And then she brought in a rose and a home made card and gave me a fantastic foot rub with lotion. A little later she brought in a bag of candy. After awhile longer she brought me a glass plaque about mothers, lol.

Drew brought me a card and every flavor of Whoppers candy that they make, I think, and the movie PS, I Love You.

Kaytlin brought me a stolen piece of cheesecake from her job, lol. They were giving them out to mother's who came in today, but they had extra, so the workers all snagged a piece for their moms.

Trinity made me a card, too, but the rest of the kids didn't do a thing, and that was fine, I'm not all that into Mother's Day.


Donnie and I took our mothers out for lunch. That was an adventure. We tried to go to a 50's style cafe, but it was closed, then stopped in a bead store with a somewhat ditsy owner, and then headed to the Rockwood but it was PACKED solid, so we didn't even park the car. We ended up at Buffalo Wild Wings, which was surprisingly empty for being a sports bar on Mother's Day. Then we went to a movie. We watched Iron Man. Yes, we went to Donnie's choice of a movie for "our" day. It is a fantastic movie, too, btw. Then we came home and watched PS, I Love You. I cried my eyes out through almost the entire movie. I'm not sure I'll ever watch it again. It was awesome, but my eyes are burning!


And here is a picture of Sam and I that really reflects the whole Mother's Day theme. Or at least shows the love between a mom and a child that should bring on some sort of appreciation from the fruit of our loins. Donnie took this picture with his cell phone. That is how we sleep. I love the snuggling!

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Darci said...

Aww, I love the photo :)
I wish I was at home to make my mom breakfast in bed. Instead we did the traditional Chinese food lunch.

Sassyfrazz said...

Friday night was super fun...and funny as always. I don't know what LNO would be without Quelf!

Sounds like you had a nice Ma's Day! Terry wants to see Iron Man...too! We were going to go on Friday night, but we didn't get a sitter lined up.

I love that pic of you and Sam, how sweet! :)

I would love to watch PS I love you, sometime.

I hope you are doing ok! Let me know when your MRI is scheduled! I will keep praying for you, my friend!

Grandma J said...

Cute pic of you and Sammy! Sounds like you had a very nice Mom's Day.

I didn't get gifts from all my kids either...in fact, not even a phone call from a few of them. Oh well. I really love the ones I got...check out the one I got from Ray on my blog. You'll love it too.

Grandma J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great picture of you and Sam. Glad you had a good Mother's Day. You're well deserving of everything you received.

Your Favorite Youth Pastor,
Chad

Jackie said...

Awwww, such a sweet picture!

I broke it to my kids a few years ago that I really don't like breakfast in bed, so they serve me a huge breakfast at the table which I do my best to eat. :)

Anonymous said...

Snuggling with the girls is my favorite thing, too. They're so warm and peaceful.