ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 24, 2008

What?!?!?!?!

Yesterday I needed to take my mother in law to the grocery store, and it took awhile, she is adjusting to some meds and it is slow going. Devon had stayed home from school so he was babysitting along with Hope-Anne.
About the end of the trip Donnie gave me a call on the cell, but not much of anything was going on.
I get home and the house smells clean. But it isn't. So I wonder what happened that they needed to clean things up. Was there a poop blowout? Nope. OK, then. I soon found a white cloth diaper on the changing table that was now a pretty shade of pink, but we don't have any koolaid to spill on it. OK, then.
A long while later I went in the kitchen and found an open bottle of Mr. Clean Apple scented multipurpose cleaner open, and that is what I was smelling. Hey! That is the same color that was on Sam's diaper! Kids!!!

"Did Sam get into the cleaner?"
"Yes."
"How do you know he didn't drink any?" (my voice went up a couple of octaves there)
"He did drink it."
"What?!?! What do you mean he did drink it?"
"He only drank a little bit. And besides we gave him water."
"What???? How can my child drink POISON and you not TELL ME?!?!?!?!?!"
"We gave him water just like it says to on the bottle."

Turns out that Donnie knew about it and didn't bother calling poison control or ME to tell me about it because he was "busy with something." The all ignored the part after making him drink water, the part that says "CALL A PHYSICIAN OR POISON CONTROL."

At this point it has probably been an hour. He wasn't acting drunk, or sore or funny at all. So they said I didn't need to bring him in.

Oh, and no more TV while I am gone.

We went to karaoke at church again and we even sang. We got Donnie up there singing "The Streak" and then there was no stopping him, he went on a roll with old silly songs. I sang "Manic Monday" with two of my friends. Unfortunately our friend Jody didn't come, and she won't answer her phone to any of us harassing friends trying to drag her pregnant hiney out of the house on the night her hubby comes home for a business trip. She still won't answer the phone, but thankfully her hubby answers his cell so we know she is alive and not in early labor. (Jody, since the harassing voice mails aren't getting a response, I'm taking it public! LOL)

Today was a birthday party for a friend's son. Trinity and Sam had a great time. I think it was the first Sam has been to besides his first birthday. He was running all over looking cute as could be in his big boy clothes.

But we all missed Jody and the boys, again. Thankfully her husband answers his cell phone so that we know she is alive and not in early labor.

Then, tonight, we had the THIRD day in a row of trying to fix the kid's new cell phones. Somehow the knuckle heads can't tell the difference between unlimited texting and watching tv online on their phones. And while we were on that call Donnie's mom called the cell and said that Donnie's dad had fallen and she couldn't help him up. Devon booked it over there and Drew and I followed in the car so we could bring him to the hospital.
By the time Drew and I got up there Devon had just picked him up and set him on his feet and he was off. No problem. I think he is a bit off and may have a virus, but he wasn't walking like he was in pain, so no broken bones. He probably didn't fall, just slid off the couch while trying to get to a standing position. Now we have to worry about him at home alone with no phone while Donnie's mom goes out of town almost every week.

Oh, and Donnie is NOT going to lose his job! But we are still going to work our way out of a job by going into our own business. It is going pretty well so far!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

Hey, great news on the not-losing-the-job front! It was nice to have you guys there last night...and to have you get up and sing!!! cool! We'll have to tell Jody what she missed, she'll never believe it.

I do hope she makes it to church tomorrow, maybe she isn't feeling well?

michelle said...

I am so glad to hear that Sam is okay. That is a very scary thing to have happen. It is also good to hear that some of your job stress has been alleviated and that you are able to make that decision, not someone else making it for you.

Have a great long weekend.

Michelle

Carina said...

Congratulations on not going ballistic on your kids. Someday, when they have kids of your own you can ask them if they still think it's ok for babysitters to deal with potential poisonings without calling the mom.

Sassyfrazz said...

I can't believe Sam drank cleaner and is ok! That is crazy your kids didn't tell you!! It still freaks me out!

I am glad that Donnie is keeping his job. Good idea to keep your eyes open for other options. I hope your business goes well, too!

Sorry to hear about your FIL~ I am glad he is ok, but that is scary.

I am also happy that JODY is ok, and that she isn't mad at us. I hope she feels better ASAP!

It was fun to sing with you on Friday night, and Donnie was a hoot to listen to! I have never heard the Streak, and I am still laughing over it!

Darci said...

:) what a day :) or weekend.. Good job on keeping your cool!