ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 02, 2008

New year's resolution update!

Our New Year's resolution is one that we desperately want to keep. We are going to eat at a new restaurant once a month for a year. So, here is May's update!

Donnie chose Hucklebucks bar and grill. It was a little drive, but not as long as the IDS Tower for April. He had heard that they had great burgers and ribs. Men and their ribs.



When we got there it wasn't too packed, so it was nice. We had an excellent waitress, too. It was tough to choose what we wanted to eat, the menu sounded too good! I chose fish because I am having constant headaches and fish is good for that. Donnie chose the special, prime rib.
The fish was amazing! OH, the appetizers, deep fried cauliflower, were AWESOME!!!! Donnie's meal, however was the highlight of the evening.


Seriously.

The "steak" was the size of a roast for our size family. Huge doesn't do it justice. We had to slice it in half length-wise to fit it in the take home box!
The flavor got Donnie hooked. It was so smokey. I thought it tasted just like a campfire smells. It made me cough, just like the smoke does while camping, too. Donnie didn't agree, he absolutely loved it.
Hucklebucks is now a Qtpies favorite! Next time we try the fish fingers appetizers and ribs.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

That is a MONSTER steak! WOW! I bet he was loving it!

It is fun that you two made this resolution to do this once a month this year! It is great that you are doing it for each other, too! :)

How are you feeling today??

JAM said...

I haven't seen a hunka meat like that since the Flintstones went off the air!

Darci said...

I am afraid to ask how much that would cost. Wow!!

Jessie said...

That steak is as big as my head! How do you even start eating something like that!?! It all sounds yummy, though!

Grandma J said...

At least Donnie took some of it home in a box! Ray woulda tried to eat the whole thing. He had a t-bone at the Frontier the other night, which he usually shares with me, and I just have the salad bar. But I decided to have a chicken breast instead to save on points...so he ate the entire thing himself. It was pretty big too...but not anywhere near the roast beast in the picture here.

Jackie said...

My husband would kill for that!

Laura Paxton said...

Holy (half of a) cow! DANG that thing is BIG! Did they have one of those deals where if you can eat the whole thing you get it for free? I've never met anyone who actually could eat that much at once...