ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 02, 2008

Natural way to start your labor

Going into labor on my own doesn't happen easily for me. I wish I had this book when I was pregnant!
Easier, Shorter and Safer Birth by Lena Leino is a great resource to jumpstarting your labor naturally, which translates to "safely." Pitocin doesn't always work, and it hurts if you are not ready for labor. But, it also carries a high rate of c-sections following the use of it.
Ms. Leino describes and illustrates how to use acupuncture to bring on labor with no stress to the baby. Medical intervention is the biggest factor in the high c-section rates in our country, and I want to do whatever I can to prevent that from happening to me AGAIN. I have had 2 c-sections, and unless I can go into labor on my own and walk in ready to deliver, I won't be having a natural birth again.

Here is what you will find in the book:

  • how to induce labor at home and avoid the risks and discomforts of
    chemical labor induction in a hospital
  • the amazing acupressure points that help your cervix dilate and
    significantly decrease your chances of a Cesarean delivery
  • very simple techniques to speed up an extremely slow early labor
  • how to help your baby descend better into the pelvis and help him or her to
    make the most important journey into this world
  • techniques to stimulate onset of labor contractions to start and to
    strengthen contractions during labor when necessary
  • how to use the maternity acupressure method to prime your body for labor and
    delivery
  • proven acupressure point combinations that help you to make better progress
    in labor
  • two simple acupressure techniques that help a baby in a posterior position
    turn into an optimal anterior position for easier birth
  • which maternity acupressure techniques which will help in cases where the
    cervix is fully dilated, but it's difficult to push the baby through the birth
    canal
  • the technique that will help ease into the transition phase
    And
    more…
  • 7 acupressure techniques that produce a pleasant anesthetizing effect on
    the contraction pains – WITHOUT medication (guess why the doctors won’t tell you
    about these…)
  • simple techniques that relieve pain especially on the lower back area
  • acupressure tactics that calm your mind and give relief from anxiety and
    nervousness before and during labor
  • relaxing acupressure techniques that release the tension working against
    labor
  • amazingly helpful acupressure techniques that combat the feelings of nausea
    and vomiting which sometimes occur during labor

I have heard of women hiring an acupuncturist to assist them in labor, but most people do not have that kind of money, especially when they don't know it will work. But for $29 for the book, it is certainly a good deal, with the added benefit of not having a stranger touching you in labor.

There is a free bonus for buying the ebook, too, another ebook called The Amazing Hidden Facts of Good Birthing Positions.

Call me a hippie, but I am buying these books if I ever have another child!
If you are pregnant, go buy these books! Click Here!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Susan said...

I am going to have to look into getting this book. My last baby I had was extremely hard to push out. She was very big and I really don't want to go through that again. I have my babies at home so it will be easy to do these things and not offend any doctors.

Jackie said...

My seventh baby decided last minute that he was going to go feet first, so the doctor gave me an epidural and turned him around again. She told me that it rarely works, but I guess I was so stretched out that it worked for me! Then, I had to lay in bed at the hospital all night with a belt to attempt to keep the baby head down while they began inducing labor. Boy, that was fun, fun, fun. However, I did not have to have a C-section.

BlondeBlogger said...

I can't have any more babies *pout* But I'm with you....I would've loved to have had this when I had my kids.