ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 08, 2008

Screeeeeeeeeeeeech!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the sound my life makes when my computer stops working. Well, it does work, as long as I don't want to have anything to do with the Internet. I can play games, work on pictures, etc, but try to turn on the Internet? It all comes to a screeching halt.
Now, even though I am married to a computer guy, I am not sure I have any hope at all of saving my computer. The scanning won't work, there is an error that prevents it.

Lovely.

So, it is a good thing that it is VBS week at our church and I will have the mornings occupied to distract me from my sad new life.

So, until further notice (or one of the rare moments my computer lets me online) I will not be able to continue the parent appreciation posts. And I have 3 more to go.

OH, and tonight poor little Sam burned his hand. Drew was getting ready for a grad party and left the iron on and left the room. No one else was in there because we were all cooking. So, Sam grabbed the iron.
It is like deja 'vu for us. Drew did the same thing when he was a little older. It was a super bad burn, too. Sam's is not quite that bad. He has some blisters, but they are not huge, thankfully. (or YET, Drew's took some time to grow huge)

Sam seems fine now. Lots and lots of soaking in cold water, and two kinds of topical pain reliever for burns, more cold water soaks, more pain reliever, and some Tylenol, then some candy and some ice cream, and he is now running around having fun and not really even babying the burned hand.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

I feel bad for both you and Sam. I have had spells where my computer was completely shut down. At times, I would find myself pacing in front of it or just sitting and staring at it, willing it to work. It never did.

I hate burns. They can be so painful and take so long for the nerves to quite throbbing...hours even. Poor little guy. I hope he is doing okay.

Michelle

Sassyfrazz said...

OWIE! I hope Sam heals quickly! I hope things get fixed with your computer soon, too!

Best of luck with VBS. I wish Caleb could go, but we are (thankfully) back to work now. :)