ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 23, 2008

Some more photos

Some people may wonder why I would want to hire someone who costs quite a bit more than Walmart or Sears to take our family pictures. But when you see the pictures you will understand. But another reason to be thrilled is that one day I will get to say "Laura Clawson took our pictures before she became famous!" And that, my friends, is cool. I think she will be famous one day. Globe trotting for National Geographic or some other great magazine.

Kaytlin's pictures turned out amazing. Just completely and utterly amazing.

This next picture made Donnie tear up. I love the freckles on her nose, lol. They usually are not visible, but she was actually quite sunburned from being outdoors for 4 days at Sonshine. Her nose is even blistered, but it doesn't show.
I think this is one of my favorite pictures. Kaytlin Ivy out in the Ivy. The greens just complement her perfectly. Her eyes look blue, but usually they are not. She has hazel eyes, and usually they are green when she is wearing green.

This is more typical of her. T-shirt, flip-flops and guitar.

I don't know how I am going to handle this year. She is a senior. She will be spending one last year here at home then off to college! Our first daughter to be out of our safety net. Boys are different, I assure you. Letting go of our daughter? Not going to be easy, even though she is amazingly responsible, mature (far more mature than I am, I would say), and grounded in the Lord.
I don't know, maybe I am biased, but I think I have the most gorgeous daughter ever. I just do.

9 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

Wow she is so pretty!!!! I love those picture!!!!!

Carina said...

You do have a gorgeous daughter! I really love those pictures!

Workship said...

The pictures you took of the kids were great! Your family pictures are awesome!! Kaytlin's pictures are incredible!!!! I agree with the photographer becoming famous, but she also had a beautiful subject to work with! Those pictures should be on the cover of a CD, magazine, etc.

Jackie said...

Beautiful girl, Lisa. May God bless her in amazing ways as she grows up to be God's woman.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Photos all of them!

Happy WW!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome too...okay - you and I are going to have to talk about her prices because I think I want her to do our family pics after the baby is born...

gina said...

She's so pretty. And she sounds like she has good head on her shoulders. A senior ,wow! My oldest is going to be a freshman in HS this August and I know these next four years will fly by.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

She is gorgeous...You must be so proud! Of course it makes me hyperventilate about my almost-freshman daughter's soon departure. Yee haw, where have the years gone?

Love,
Katherine

Anonymous said...

These pictures are just amazing - and far far better than going to a Sears or Target...