ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 18, 2008

Back to school madness!

I've gone out school shopping 3 times in 2 days. I was out for about 6 hours today! And it was exacerbated with the car overheating twice. We did make it home, though.
Kaytlin hates shopping. Seriously, she hates it. She likes nice clothing, but doesn't like to go hunt for things. Oh, and to even DARE suggest a thrift store...... NOT.
Hope-Anne is easy. She love to shop, she loves most things I pick out, and is not at all picky. She even likes thrift stores! So easy. But she has WAY too much already, so I didn't need to do much for her.
Devon is a difficult subject. He is not at all picky about his pants. He doesn't care if I pick up $8 jeans from Wallyworld, but his shirts are another story. I bought his favorite name brand shirts at a thrift store for $.75 each. But they were last year's styles. Well, Cody didn't care, he got double the shirts. So I took Devon shopping. He gets all sullen when out shopping. "How about this? Do you need this?" Devon says things like "Sure, maybe, whatever, I don't know." JUST GIVE ME A YES OR NO, DUDE!!!! And he stays pretty sullen the whole trip. Like I drug him out of bed after 2 days of solid work and no sleep.
Cody is great. He doesn't care. He tells me to just pick up his clothes for him. But I want him to try on the pants and shoes. He claims not to need shoes and he claims that his skinny butt fits into a size 32 inch waist pants! NOT! But he doesn't want to go shopping. At least he doesn't complain about the clothing I bring him.

I got to do the happy dance! I no longer have to buy school supplies and clothes for Drew! I am no longer responsible for him financially! Woohoo!! Woohoo!! Yes, he thought I was a little weird for that spontaneous dance.

Trinity can't go to public school this year, and she is really ready for learning. So we are going to homeschool her. I've been buying her all sorts of school workbooks, crayons, lefty scissors, etc. She is excited!

For Sam, well, lets just say he is not going to like what he has to learn this year. It is potty training boot camp first full day I can stay home with him. I bought him undies, and he loves them, but he pees in them. He doesn't like the wetness, so he stops, gets changed and then lets the rest out, lol. Yesterday he pulled his diaper down to go pee. On the floor. Later he looked like he needed to go, so Donnie asked him if he needed to go in the potty. He ran to the potty, but couldn't let it out. That is the problem. He doesn't feel good about letting it out in the potty. He has perfect control, and knows when he needs to go. Boot camp it is.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Kat said...

My son is now 4 and 1/2 and won't let me pick any clothes out for him. Potty training is super fun isn't it?

Lisa said...

I have to laugh, in our house Undies are for girls and "Drawers" are for boys.
BTW I shopped at a nice thrift store when we went camping and got the younger kids all the shirts and jackets they need. Now they just need pants and $8.00 pants is what they get.
I got the soap and it smell like heaven. Thank you.