ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 21, 2008

Cake for supper?

At our house, oh yes!!! You see, I'm a part-time cake decorator and have to practice occasionally. And my family gets to eat the triall versions. So, here is tonight's supper at the Qtpie house.

Looks delicious, no?
Mmmm, creamy, yummy goodness!
Or not.


You see, this is not your ordinary cake. It is a meat cake. Made of meat loaf and frosted with mashed potatoes and topped with a ketchup glaze.
You know the men in my house were drooling. It was a big hit. But I am SO full!
Here is where I got the idea.

12 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting presentation for meat loaf. Looking at it I thought it was a type of cheese cake until I saw the first slice. Very creative. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Rosie : ) said...

I think this might be big enough to feed my brood too. :) I will be trying this out very soon. Thanks for the tips!

Lori said...

Wow...that is so cool. And good, huh? I will have to try it:)

Anonymous said...

It looks good to me, especially if I didn't have to cook it. :) Dpnnie was looking forward to it when he picked up Devon...

Thanks for bringing him and picking him up by the way - I appreciate that and him taking the time to mow for Dan.

Unknown said...

You had me fooled on this one! I happen to love meatloaf and mashed potatoes; however, I wasn't drooling because of this! Nice job!

Hey, I mailed your package awhile back in a priority mail box. I just wanted to make sure that you received it and are happy with everything. Let me know when you have a moment!

Hugs, KJ

P.S. I voted on that NBC poll, too. I think I have received at least 8 emails from people who don't know one another, asking me to vote. Wow, the word got out!

michelle said...

You know I can't stand the thought of food and especially meat right now. Why would you trick me like that? Here I thought I could at least come over and compliment you on another beautiful cake design. Perhaps in a few weeks I will be able to appreciate it more. (grin!)

M.

Carina said...

Hmm. Looks...odd. =)

I bet it was delicious. You had me fooled, too. =)

Mrs. Stam said...

Wow look amazing!!!! Good job!

Lisa said...

Pretty dern cool, sans the ketchup...I did peek at the gallery too where you got you idea, me thinks for hubbys next birthday I am going to make him this cake just not tell him its a meat cake...

I need to send you a pic of the cake I am doing today for a kinder pot luck made with teddy grhams..

Unknown said...

That is a hoot!

Sassyfrazz said...

What a fun way to make supper an experience. I did something similar...making a meatloaf pie. I used beet juice to color whipped potatoes to make it look like pink frosting. It was yummy! I had the kids believing they got to have dessert for supper! I will have to try this recipe, too! :)

Jessie said...

Awesome!!