ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 21, 2008

The power of the vet

One of our kittens has a HUGE hole in it's neck. Like big enough to fit a pencil's eraser in. So gross. And yesterday something was sticking out if it that looked like a worm. So disgusting! You can see what it looked like on video HERE or HERE if you are brave. And not eating. And don't have a tendency to puke at gross things.

Well, we called the vet and she said that it probably got a bite or something that got infected and created an abscess. So, rather than bring her in we could wash the wound with peroxide and water mixture and put Neosporin on it 2-3 times a day. We did just the peroxide/water wash last night, even in the hole, and today it is soooo much better!

It turns out it wasn't a worm at all, because when we tried to get it with a tweezers, the cat cried. So we didn't try hard. So gross, though. I nearly lost it cleaning her up. She did not act like she was in pain or sick at all. Poor kitty! But she is on the mend!

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Awww, poor kitty, but awwww my poor tummy and eyes from watching all those icky videos, yes I watched more then one nasty video..

K said...

How sad, poor kitty! I hope she recovers quickly!!

I almost watched the video links but couldn't bring myself to look at them.

Unknown said...

bless all of you!

Unknown said...

School shopping for 7 must be quite an outing! I'm sure you have a routine of some sorts. My daughter is 21 and getting married, so she's pretty independent. My boys are, well, they, uh, well...they make shopping extremely interesting...

Have a fabulous day!
KJ