ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 11, 2008

Dangerous Days book review

The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson, a kind of fantasy novel, was written with the intent to interest young boys in reading. I think they hit the mark, if you can get your child to start it. It was nearly impossible to get Cody to pick up the book, so I started reading it out loud.
At first it was lame. Really, really dumb. But as I kept reading I started to find it funny. And long after the kids moved on to other things for the day, I kept picking up the book until I had finished it in one day! I did not expect to enjoy it myself, but I did.
Daniel X is an alien hunter on a mission to get the alien that killed his parents. There is so much fantasy in the book that young boys dream of, like having the power to create things or to be able to change themselves into things. Not to mention being incredibly smart and creative.
It turned out to be sort of like Men in Black, very humorous and full of action that boys love. It is also fast reading as each chapter is only a couple of pages long. I liked that it was easy to put down and do something in between chapters.

Description: The greatest superpower of all isn’t to be part spider, part man, or to cast magic spells–the greatest power is the power to create. Daniel X has that power.Daniel’s secret abilities — like being able to manipulate objects and animals with his mind or to recreate himself in any shape he chooses — have helped him survive. But Daniel doesn’t have a normal life. He is the protector of the earth, the Alien Hunter, with a mission beyond what anyone’s imagining.From the day that his parents were brutally murdered before of his very eyes, Daniel has used his unique gifts to hunt down their assassin. Finally, with the help of The List, bequeathed to him in his parents’ dying breath, he is closing in on the killer. Now, on his own, he vows to take on his father’s mission – and to take vengeance in the process.

The book is available at Amazon HERE.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

I love the Men in black spin you put on it. It sounds like that Kyle X show...

Lisa said...

It's just me again..Its kyle XY..just had to write that it was going to drive me insane if I didn't even tho I am not far from being nuts any ways...

Hey I got the book Once blind..great read...

Daisy said...

I didn't think he meant the book to be funny; I laughed at times because the writing was so lame. Patterson disappointed me with this poorly written story.

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog. Thank you.