ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 27, 2008

The FUN in dysFUNctional

That's us, or so I've been told.

Devon's nick-name around here is wererabbit "Valium." No, not because he takes it, but because he is like Valium for babies/toddlers. Seriously. If we can't stand Sam anymore Sam is grouchy, we give him to Devon, and within minutes Sam is out cold. Every time.
Yesterday, Sven, whom I am babysitting this week, got grouchy. So Devon stopped cooking and took over with the baby. Out he went in 3.2 seconds. OK, maybe it was a minute, but you get the drift. Look how he crashed! LOL
Devon decided it felt good to have a little baby around again and it might be nice if we had another one. So, as we were sitting down to eat dinner Devon looks at his dad and says,
"Dad, I give you permission to knock up my mother."
Straight face. I kid you not.
On the slightly more normal area, Kaytlin was given any plant she wanted at the end of her horticulture class last year and she planted zucchini and cantaloupe. The Zucchini plant grew huge, and we've recently seen flowers, but didn't see anything else.
Monday I did a check wondering if there were ever going to be any zucchinis in there and found a HUGE one! This is Kaytlin holding the half she hadn't grated up for zucchini bread.
We also found 2 cantaloupe growing, though they are the size of bouncy balls, one a small one and one a big one, lol. And there are 4 more zucchini growing. Well, there were, until Kaytlin watered them and one fell off. But they are tiny.
She is so excited to have actually grown something, lol. We are planning to go ahead and make a garden next year. Not that we actually have the room for it, but we'll make it.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

That is sweet that Devon has the "touch
for putting kids to sleep...so sweet!

That is really funny what he said to his Pappa!

Great for Kaytlin! How fun for her to have that accomplishment!

How did your night go? I was thinking a lot about you! I hope the movie was great! ~hugs!!**miss you!

Rosie : ) said...

Some people have "the touch", and it's nice that he likes to hold the babies.

Zucchinis, yum! It looks great. Good for your daughter. :)

Wendy said...

Hey I've missed your blog and then suddenly there were seven million posts I hadn't read. I like the new look too!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you know you have his permission! LOL!

Darci said...

I had so much to catch up on(very busy summer)
Did you ever get your Luna Pads package?

Anonymous said...

My name is Paul Harris and i would like to show you my personal experience with Valium.

I am 55 years old. Have been on Valium for 20 days now. I decided to get off of all benzos after much reading and having a friend who was abusing Xanax kill himself (may have been other issues, too). I was taking about 4 mg of Klonopin daily. I read a lot of the reseach on benzos by Dr. Heather Ashton, one of the world's leading authorities on benzos. I was shocked to see her equivalency table for Klonopin and Xanax. 1 mg of Klonopin or Xanax is equel to 20 mg of Valium. That's right, 20!! Plus, Klonopin and Xanax have nasty side effects. That did it for me. No more benzos!! Because Valium has the longest half-life of any benzo and the least side effects, I'm using it and water-titration to get off Klonopin, a method widly used in Europe. 10% reduction every 10-14 days. So far so good.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Headache, drowsiness in the morning. Hard time getting my Dr. to prescribe and go along with treatment program. Valium supposedly is far less addicting than some other benzos, with far fewer side effects. I hope that turns-out to be true.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Paul Harris