ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 09, 2008

Not camping and some funnies

Anyone who knows me knows I don't like to go camping. It isn't camping itself, it is the being outside, and around spiders and mosquitoes, and the fresh air. Maybe even the whole not having a real bathroom thing. Sure, even the ones that have actually plumbing are bad to me. They are still open and bugs get in there, and PEOPLE get in there. They run out of toilet paper, the get nasty dirty, I just hate it.
Every year Donnie's Promise Keepers group takes the family camping. And I do enjoy it. The socializing part, not the actual being outside. I dread going but I always have fun. And I love how much fun the kids have.
But this year we didn't go, again. Right now they are camping and we didn't go. Every weekend for the last 5 weeks our kids have gotten sick. Two to three a weekend. So far this weekend we've had 4 sick. Devon and Cody have had horrid pain in their abdomens. Hope-Anne and Kaytlin are trading high fevers. Hope-Anne was 103 yesterday. Kaytlin threw up early this morning.
How can it be that we have such a sickness that strikes someone in our house every 5-7 days? And what could we possibly do about it? (just so happens to be keeping us out of church every weekend, spiritual attack?) Oh, Kaytlin works every weekend, and she doesn't get sick, until this weekend that she took off work to camp, and here she is sick.

Well, I chose well in our new dog. Donnie likes him a lot, even though he is a scraggly small dog, lol. He doesn't come when called, but otherwise he has been great. At first he didn't like any of the boys older than Sam. He growled at all three teen boys. Donnie he was scared of but didn't growl. (see how smart he is!) But they were patient with him and he now loves them all. He really loves Sam, who drops food, on purpose.

Yesterday Sam was feeding the dog his lunch so I put Oreo in the kennel so Sam would finish eating. Then Sam spilled him milk on the floor. So I let Oreo out to lick up the milk for me. (hey, I'm lazy and didn't have paper towels) I turn around and Sam is on the floor licking up the milk, too! Haha! I ran for the camera and turned around to see Sam had moved on...... to the kennel. Yep, he was in the kennel with his tongue out like a dog. LOL It was so cute!

In Kitten news, they are getting bigger and now can't be contained easily. The other day I was walking into my room from our bathroom, the room is dark in the day, and I stepped on the mama cat's leg. What? So I turned on the light and found she had moved the kittens to my pile of darks to be washed right in the doorway to my closet/bathroom entrance. Not gonna happen, mama. So we moved them to Kaytlin's room. She left them there until this morning.

This morning she was in the process of moving them back to my closet walkway. She doesn't like the dog, chases him around and makes him curl up in a ball after he can't run any farther away, then stands in the door and won't let him move. He was in the living room where she needed to pass through with her babies. I had him come to me for some love so she could do her work. She has one kitten in there and she wanted to explore. So mama was trying to nudge her toward my room. No dice. Mama took her paw and patted at kitty's leg "Come on, dear." Nope. So she finally just bit her baby's ear and started dragging her, lol. The mama is a tiny cat, she can barely pick them up by the neck now. She was determined and finally got kitty to go where she was told.

As much fun as it is soon going to be with the kitties running around the house, I can't wait until they have homes. I'm going to put them on freecycle, just like how I got me super new dog!

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Rosie : ) said...

Camping is so much fun, though ! :) All that fresh air, sunshine and days lounging while the baby eats sand, dirt and bugs and the kids don't listen...er..ok...maybe not lounging. ;)

We just came back from our camping trip last weekend, the kids had a blast. I put up some pictures of their adventures here if you want to see them....it might entice you a bit, you never know. :)

Sassyfrazz said...

It is too bad that you guys didn't make it camping. I don't think I have ever camped with you guys in the 3 years that Terry has been in PK. It was a great weekend for camping, but Maddie got sick, too.
That is funny that Sam was acting like Oreo...how cute. Those camera moments go by so quick, if you don't have the camera in hand, it is so hard to capture those moments some times.
I hope you find homes for all those kittens! :) Are they litter trained yet?