ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 23, 2008

Oh man, I was SO right!

I was so sure that there was a worm in the kitten's neck. And it was sticking it's gross head out.

I was right!


We tried a tweezers, didn't work, the kitty cried. Turns out there are rings of sharp claws it uses to dig into it's host.


We tried to suffocate it with Vaseline. Didn't work. The kitten would move and smear the Vaseline, and it would stick it's ugly head out to get through the thin layer that was left to breath.


We tried to drown it. The boys held the kitten down in water with only it's face above water. Until I made them stop. (my husband would be one of the boys.)


Then Drew's friend came over and saw it and said their pets have gotten them a few times. They just take a long tube and suck it out.


I KNOW!!! Nasty!!!


But don't you know it, my guys thought it was cool and had to try it. All four of them, Donnie, Drew, Devon, and Cody, held the kitten tight while Donnie sucked and sucked with a REALLY long tube. It took a long time, and a rinsing out of the tube in case the wetness was worm guts, ahem, but the worm is out! The kitty is free of it's parasite! The poor kitty has been called the runt of the litter, but really it was being eaten alive. Poor guy.
You can thank me now for not video tape them sucking the worm out and posting it on my blog.
You are quite welcome.

11 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

gross!!!!

Lisa said...

Crud, I read this before breakfast, good thing I took my meds already or I wouldnt be taking those either, poor kittty. YUCKY on the SUCKING tho but it worked.

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!! I won't go there - and yes - thank you for not doing the video!

yofed said...

Gross! The funny part is that I read about something similar in a novel, a few weeks ago, but it was a human with a worm... in his eyeball!!! Thanks for the sweet memories! lol

Unknown said...

*shudder*

Sassyfrazz said...

That is pure nasty! You know I wouldn't be sucking up that nasty worm! Lucky they didn't get it stuck in their throat! ewwwww

Carina said...

I, on the other hand, am reading this after breakfast. =O

Jackie said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Jessie said...

Oh my goodness.....
UUUUuuuggggghhhh.....

Di said...

EWWWWWW!!!!! I'm glad the kitty is ok.

Rosie : ) said...

yuck! Poor kitty.