ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 09, 2008

Sam did it again

Sam broke my glasses not too long ago. He had bent them pretty badly and we were able to get them fixed. But a few weeks later he did it again, apparently he was bored in our bed one night.
Now my eyeglasses are broke on one side, but only partially. So I can wear them, but will need new frames soon. I like these frames from Zenni Optical.
Their eyeglasses are so affordable! I can't get another pair of frames from our insurance next year, so I have to get new ones out of my pocket. Their frames are as cheap as $8, and some are as high as $24. Even the lenses are affordable. You do need your prescription.
I think I will be ordering the memory titanium frames so that WHEN Sam gets my glasses again they will not break or stay bent.
The reason these are so inexpensive is that the company sells directly to the consumer and has very little advertising spent. And they do what you need, bifocals, tinted lenses, sunglasses, progressive lenses, so it seems like a waste to me to get glasses anywhere else.
Well, except the every other year I get them free from our insurance company.
The Clark Howard Show has bought them and endorses them.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Laura Paxton said...

My 8-year-old broke his glasses this afternoon. Since we're in a new town, I have to figure out where I can go...one of the downsides of moving all the time...THEN we've gotta figure out where the $$ are coming from to pay for them...

Lisa said...

Thanks for the cool site. Hubby needs some cool glasses, and cheap is right up our alley.

Nancy Sabina said...

I love Zenni Optical. I have these groovy pinkish-purple frames that I would never have dared buy before, but since they were so cheap I bought those AND some plain ones. I never wear the plain ones.