ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 07, 2008

Surprise was a bit sidetracked

Last night was my kidnapping. It was almost successful, too! Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. They DID kidnap me, but I found out. Again. hehe
Last year I refused to shower and get ready, Donnie said he wanted to take me to a movie, but I decided I didn't want to go out. So he had to ORDER me to do it and I figured it out. So this year he wasn't going to even hint about going anywhere or anything. Smart move. I had no idea it would be last night. Of course I KNEW it was coming, just not when.

In a strange twist I had a guy coming to look at our van to possibly buy it. So I asked Donnie if he would be home about 5:30-6ish. And he asked why and I said "Because that's when he's coming." I'm not sure what he heard there but he asked "How did you know?" I'm thinking How did I know he is coming or when he would be home? Well, he must be asking how I knew when he'd be home, because obviously I'd know when the guy said he was coming over. So I said "You drove mom to work and she gets off at 4:30, so you should be home around 5:30." and he said "No, how did you know they are coming to get you?" "He isn't coming to get me, he's coming to look at the van............ OH!!" And then I started cracking up! Yep, he spilled the beans, again!
At least I got to get prettied up first! I was going to cover his butt and tell them I was dressed up to go to a movie with Kaytlin, which I was hoping to do before I found out. But Donnie told my mom already.

We went to the Pine Loft, a nice restaurant in our town. It would be the place our kidnappings started, too. And where we overheard the infamous Sexual Addicts Anonymous group sharing, loudly in a quiet restaurant, how long they've been celibate.
So, here we are at the restaurant with Jody's new baby Kassie. I'm holding Kassie, then it is Sarah (sassyfrazz), Mom (bring your own cheese), Jeannie (I'm Losing It) and Jody (who doesn't blog but would have the funniest blog of all). We had a great time, talking and laughing.


Here is Jeannie holding Kassie in her super cute "I'm a sleeping princess" pose. We oohed and ahhed over her all night! She is a tiny little peanut! Not even 6lbs yet.

So, when I found out about the kidnapping, I had to put my surprise off until today. I wasn't going to tell Donnie, but I broke down, or more like he busted me. Just figured it out in 5 seconds flat when I asked him to think about how much he really loves me. "You want a dog!" "What? How did you get that out of loving me?" "It is, isn't it? What did you do?" How did he get that right away? I wouldn't even ask about getting a dog, but it is my dream dog at the perfect price! I can't wait to go meet him today! Because of a divorce, this cute little dog doesn't get attention often. He is loved, house trained, kennel trained, and a tiny little Shi Tzu/Pekingese dog, neutered, too. They don't want to give him away, but he often spends 17 hours in a crate. Not fair to him. The guy giving him to me is thrilled that I am a stay at home mom so he won't be crated as often. His ex stayed home before the divorce, and they just can't do it now.
I have wanted a Shi Tzu for years and years. I drool over them in the pet store windows. But I can't spend $600+ on a dog! I can't do it. I WON'T do it, I could find the money, but would never spend that. I was so thrilled to see him on freecycle, I couldn't help but inquire about him.
Later today I'll get him and put up pics. At least I will go see him, not sure I am picking him up right away or not. I need to see if he is a good dog or not.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jackie said...

Oh, how fun! Both your "kidnapping" and your dog! I can't wait to see what happens!

Mrs. Stam said...

Wow looks like you had fun!!! the baby is so cute!

Carina said...

A baby and a puppy. That's a good day.