ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 16, 2008

Got Organic Milk?

Horizon has got to be my favorite brand of milk. I am very unhappy with having to put antibiotics and growth hormones into my children's bodies when they are not needed. I also am not really keen on pesticides being transferred to our bodies through our food supply.

I don't have a choice with my children eating lunch at school, though. Even if I were not too lazy to get up and make lunches for my kids, they would forget to take them, so mostly they eat the school's lunch.
However, Kaytlin has gotten sick and tired of eating chicken patties with ice crystals and soggy tator tots and dealing with nasty lunch ladies who have no reason for the attitude they give the students when turning in their lunch money. She has decided that this year she is going to pack her lunch.
I was delighted to receive a package from Horizon with samples of serving size boxes of organic milk! They even come with chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavors and do not need to be refrigerated, so I can store them and just put a few at a time in the fridge for lunches. Convenience, healthy choice, and delicious flavor in one little container!
Kaytlin is normally skeptical of my review products, but she jumped right on the band wagon with this one and was delighted to try them. She not only thought they were fantastic, she even said the low fat un-flavored milk was delicious, too.
Horizon carries many other products, as well, and I really love the DHA added to milk for the young children. But you will also find organic cream, butter, yogurt, cheese and sour cream. I appreciate the healthy options, and only wish it were raw milk instead of pasteurized.
Head over to Horizons website and get some coupons and find where their product is sold near you.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Di said...

The thing with mean lunch ladies must be universal!!!

Sassyfrazz said...

Yum! Sounds great and healthy!
How did the appointment go today?
How was Bible Study?

Kat said...

I love horizons milk. I always packed cause i have school lunches. Its sad to see they havn't gotten any tastier