ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 17, 2008

Completely and utterly exhausted.......

Sam had some medical tests done today and the were at the University hospital in the twin cities. I got up at O'dark thirty to go to work with Donnie, then I needed to occupy myself and Samuel until he could leave at noon.
Donnie works so close to the Como Zoo, so we decided to go there. (it is supposed to be free, but they ask for donations now, still very reasonable, and free if you don't want to donate)
We got there a little before they opened so Sam ran around for 10 minutes. When we got inside we went to the bathroom and the gift shop and then headed to the animals. Sam went full steam ahead and we got through the entire zoo in 45 minutes. He ran the whole time. I did want to wear him out, but I think it was harder on me than him.

But it was a nice day, the weather was perfect, if a bit warm, the animals were all around to see, Sam was well behaved. We were having a great time together. Then we sat down for a snack. I bought him a giant swirly sucker and an ice cream sandwich for me, and sat down in the shade to eat. About a minute later the sprinklers turned on. And the stream sprayed straight across the path in front of our bench. And then right over the bench. With us on it. Even if I could have grabbed Sam, the diaper bag and our food fast enough, I really had nowhere to go. We got drenched.

Yep, it was time to leave.

I was thinking that was how Sam's day was going to go, only worse. What a great day for him! He got a new juice from the gas station with Batman on it! Woohoo! Then we went to the Zoo and he got to run and run and run without someone making him stop or come back. Plus he got to see some animals, the few he bothered to stop and see.
Then he got a fantastic sucker, and even got to play in the sprinkler! Then he got to go to Daddy's work and play on the pool table! Yippee!
Then Mommy and Daddy take him out for lunch, Batman and Spiderman got in a cool fight, and Sam falls asleep.
When he wakes up (after his ultrasound) he is in a room with some cool new toys to play with and pretty girls who talk to him and give him things to play with. And then they shove a catheter in him and pin him to a table for 20 minutes waiting for him to go to the bathroom.

The poor kid! He was so mad! He kept getting his arm free and would push the x-ray machine out of the way, and they'd have to align it again. And then the doctor peeked around the x-ray to smile at him. "Are you SMILING at me? Seriously, are you SMILING at me?!" Then Sam got an arm free and took a swing at smiley doc.

Sam took the opportunity to show his dad how much his vocabulary has grown. "Let go! Stop it! Noooo! Ouuuuch! Get off! Go away! Stop it! All done! No more!" Yes, the kid can get his point across.

The tests all turned out well, nothing showed up wrong with him.

But I am exhausted.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad to hear everything turned out well...except for your extra shower ;).

Carina said...

At least the tests showed nothing serious, but I know how that is. You almost wish they would show something so you would know what you're dealing with.

Di said...

Oh poor little thing. What a horrible ordeal. I'm sooooo glad nothing showed up!!!! Praise God!!!

Lisa said...

Yeah his plumbing is ok. I know how hard those tests are. maveric had them (before surgery in aug) and being 11 he was very traumatized havig to pee in front of people even tho he has had these test many times before. Glad to hear you had a good time at the zoo, and lunch..

Sassyfrazz said...

It is great that you and Donnie had such special one on one time with Sam. I am glad the tests all came back ok. I hope he heals, and there isn't anything else bothering him. :)