ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 24, 2008

Not so wordles WW # Good Grief!

This morning found me curled up in a ball on my bedroom floor a big mush of tears. Crying for I don't know what. Honestly, I am not sure why I was crying but I know what started it.

Drew is leaving in 2 weeks, so we need to get his things stored away. I won't be leaving a bedroom set up for him, he won't be back to live, just visit. He needs some tubs to store his clothes and things in while he is gone. That means I needed to do some sorting to make room for his things.
What tubs could I use for him? Oh, how about the baby clothes? I don't need them, and I have friends with both girls and boys, so they can all go.


Easier said than done. I was doing great. Then I found this........And I lost it. I don't know what I was crying for, grieving, maybe?
Here is what I remember, though it is with his red version, not the blue.
This is what I have now.....

I don't have a baby any more. And none on the way. I'm fine with that, really, but that hat just brought the grief of being at the end of my fertility to the forefront of my mind, maybe?
Where did the time go? Just 19 years ago I was still in the hospital and had barely even held my newborn son for an hour total. He was in a different hospital for 2 weeks and we didn't get to see each other. For 16 days. Now, my baby is preparing to leave home and be a man.
I'm sure that didn't help the grieving over Sam's hat!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

yofed said...

*HUGS*!

Jackie said...

Awwwwww, precious. I'd cry, too!

Mrs. Stam said...

they grow to fast!!!

Sassyfrazz said...

oh, that is so sad...

I don't look forward to the days when my kids will be leaving home. OK, somedays I imagine how peaceful and freeing it will be, but I really don't look forward to it.

Sam was an adorable baby, and he is now an adorable tot.

Lisa said...

I think its time for you to have another baby!!
I have saved a few of the kids things from when they were tiny, so when ever I need a good cry I pull them out and remeber a time when they did not argue with me, yell how I am the meanest mom in the world..gosh how I wish I could turn back the hands of time...But God's plan has been in motion from the time they were conceived, I am just blessed to be a part of that plan.