ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 25, 2008

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I could be doing today, but probably won't do.
I am in the process of making my kids share bedrooms and making a craft room for my mom and myself. The oldest two who will still be living at home are not happy, but I don't care.
1. Clean Cody's room out and move him to Devon's room. (no furniture moving needed!)
2. Clean Trinity and Hope-Anne's room. (not going to be fun or easy)
3. Empty the furniture from her room.
4. Paint her room.
5. Finish painting Kaytlin's room in prep for the little two.
6. Move Kaytlin's furniture out. (she will freak!)
7. Put bunk beds up in Kaytlin's room to make it a little kid's room.
8. Keep doing the 600 loads of laundry from Drew and Devon's room.
9. Add the 300 loads from Cody's room to the mix.
10. Make sure Sam and Trinity do not destroy the house while I am busy cleaning.
11. Feed the little ones.
12. I want to clean out and rearrange my bedroom, too. Even paint it, but won't happen.
13. Turn Cody's room into the craft room. Lots of work, though, including a bit of sheet rocking, mudding, painting, moving cabinets and things up from the basement to the top floor, all the craft boxes, and unloading and sorting and organizing.
I was going to have this all done by next week. But my mom, who lives with us, got a temp job starting today and going through next Friday. So I am on my own. The kids do NOT want to do this, so getting them to help will be torture. Oh, well, they already hate me, so what is adding some work on top of it?
So, where should I start? Devon's room is ready for Cody, all I have to do is move his clothes to Drew's old dresser and add his bedding to the spare bed.


Update** It is raining here, so the little two are being monsters and I am getting nothing done except a little laundry. And breaking up fights. Who knew an almost 2year old and an almost 5 year old could be so mean to each other? Ugh!!!

22 people think my kids are qtpies:

Nancy Sabina said...

Before I had even actually arrived at my college my sister had moved into my room and my mother had turned her room into the sewing room. I remember feeling totally forgotten. Like they were glad I finally left so that they could have some space. Maybe that's how some of the your kids are feeling now? But I'm always so jealous of a great craft room. Hooray for you!

Patsy said...

When you get everything moved and repainted and fixed the way you want it, I hope you can enjoy the craft room. I miss having mine. Now my projects are on the dining room table. Maybe I should rethink that bedroom I set up as a guest room which only has guest about once a year. hummmmmm

Anonymous said...

they are qtpies!!!,we are also seven kids in the family and I'm the 5th child! Lucky Seven!!!

Thanks for checking my TT.

Mrs. Stam said...

Wow lot's to do!!!! Hope you'll have time to rest!!!! and that the little one won't destroy the house (I know how much work is done in one day and undone in a mim by my little monkey!!!!)

After Hours said...

First of all- Wow. How do you get through a day with seven kids? I have two toddlers and am really considering stopping here. I thought 3 kids sounded fun but by 8 pm I feel beaten down. Second- How do you redo rooms by yourself with 7 kids? I have a hard time trying to get out the vaccuum cleaner without four more hands grabbing on.
You are amazing.
What is your secret?

Sassyfrazz said...

Busy list! You have a lot on your plate! I say tell the kids they have no choice but to help you ~ if they want a roof over their head. :) lol~

I say, start with feeding the little ones.

Great to hear that your mom got a temp job!! Yeah! Now, to keep praying for something more permanent.

Anonymous said...

I know that an almost three year old and an almost five year old could be so mean to each other...right now they are yelling at each other and I am just letting them take care of it themselves. Must be the rain!

Lisa said...

Did you plan on having all that done today??? If so my hat is off to ya, lady superhero!!! I told my hubby I would have the crap collector all nice and clean this weekend, little does he know that involves locking my door and not coming out till monday!!!ha

Mia Celeste said...

It's hard to get things done with little ones.:)

Janet said...

boy, you sure have a LOT to do!!!

michelle said...

Even with you not accomplishing any of those things on your list, you still got so much more done than I did today...unless you didn't manage to get dressed, because I did finally get out of my pj's just before my son came home from school. Oh yes, and I managed to write a blog post! Miracles just never cease. Now I just have to face the Great Supper Challenge before I can consider my day complete.

Tink said...

Decisions, decisions.... Busy, busy! I hope you got something done you wanted to be done today! :)
Thanks for visiting my TT!

The Gal Herself said...

What an ambitious list! I got tired just thinking of it -- and of all the things I ought to be doing at MY place! Hope the kids calm down and stop being mean to each other. (And thanks for visiting my TT)

Hootin Anni said...

I love the WHOLE concept of having a craft room!!!! You go girl!!!!

Thanks for the visit and cool comment!!!

Yasmin said...

Enjoy your day...somethings can wait and Happy TT!
http://www.apooobooks.com/2008/09/24/thursday-thirteen-9-head-classfreedom-read/

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are going to be very busy. That's a lot of work but I'm sure you'll enjoy your craft room. Happy TT!

Kathie said...

Enjoyed reading through your posts. Especially touched by the one about Drew leaving home. I've watched all five of my children grow up and head off into life on their own. It is hard, and the last one to go is no easier than the first one. But God is good. We raised them for HIM and they are HIS. They were on loan and we had the privilege of raising them up. It is an overwhelming thought to know that God placed those precious lives in our hands.
Praying for you and for Drew.
Blessings from Costa Rica

SandyCarlson said...

All those chores will wait until you have the time for them! Chores are like friend that way--but only in that way.

God bless you and your family!

Lori said...

Wow...I get tired just reading your list...Maybe you should just take a nap;) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

Amy @ The Q Family said...

Ah.. List of chores. I think you deserve to rest just because you have that list. :)

-Amy @ The Q Family

Sarah Brooks said...

Man, I'm exhausted just reading that... wow, have fun with that!!!

Robin said...

Sounds like a huge project, but what fun to have your own crafts room.