ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 10, 2008

Poor Sammy!

I haven't been blogging much the last couple of days. Sam has been going through some rough times and we have been searching out a reason. So far, two doctors appointments this week.

Sam wakes up crying or screaming almost every night. And he has had some issues with going to the bathroom, sometimes the whole for pee is plugged up and he can't go. Plus he almost always has to stand up to pee. He doesn't pee at night very often, even when he sleeps for 12 hours. (by sleep for 12 hours I mean he tosses and turns and cranks and cries until 5am and THEN sleeps for a good 5-6 hours)

Sam has to go for some tests next week, the earliest they could get him in anywhere, and then see a pediatric urologist the following week. He will have his kidneys ultrasound, and then a horrid test where they catheterize him and empty his bladder, then fill it up and then watch him urinate via ultrasound or something ON the table, which won't happen since he won't be standing up.

We think his night crying is his bladder being full and uncomfortable and him unable to relieve himself until we get up with him. Poor guy!

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jackie said...

Oh, poor Sam! I hope he feels better very soon!

Kat said...

Thats awful! Hope things get better soon.

Sassyfrazz said...

That is so sad, and awful! I will be praying for Sam, and you guys! I hope that the Dr.'s can find the culprit!

Unknown said...

Oh, your poor guy. It's not fun at all to know that your child is hurting and not be able to help him/her. I feel for him, and for you as his mama!

Carina said...

I'm praying for Sammy. This actually sounds vaguely like something a family member of mine went through. I know she had that test, anyway. What a hard thing for a mommy to have to watch! I'm praying for you too.

Mrs. Stam said...

Poor little guy!!!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry...its hard when you dont know what is going on with your baby.
With the test, the child will have to pee the "Cath" out, since it wont come out they will end up peeing around the cath...
I only know this becuase Maveric just went thru major kidney surgery and we have been thru all the pee tests you have to have, and some of them are not pretty at all..
if you have any questions let me know...

Di said...

Poor little guy!! I'm sending up a prayer for him (and you!).