ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 05, 2008

They just hand it to me on a Silver Platter!

Really, I just wouldn't have a blog without these kids. Drew just this morning told me he thinks that there must be a 5 kid minimum to have a good blog, lol. The more kids you have, the more blog fodder. I don't agree, all kids are blog fodder, lol, some just a bit more bloggable than others, so maybe someone with one kid can have a great blog, too.
Anyway, what happened already, right?
This story comes with a laugh and a lesson and a Praise God!

I'm busy cleaning the house last night, yelling at the kids for not cleaning, being yelled back at that they did clean as I go about cleaning after them. (did I digress already?)
Kaytlin comes running into the kitchen screaming at me.
Mom! Mom! How could you? That is so gross! Why would you leave this out where I can touch it?
What are you talking about?
This! This "ovulation microscope"! So gross! And I opened it and touched it because you left it out on your desk! Why don't you keep it put away?
First of all, I keep it out so I can USE it. Secondly, what do you think it does?
Umm, it says OVULATION right there, gross!
Yes, what do you think it does?
It checks your OVULATION! Oh my gosh, that is so gross, why don't you keep it put away! I thought it was lipstick! Lipstick!
That's what you get for snooping in my "lipstick." Keep your nose out of my stuff and you won't have an issue. What do you THINK I do with it?
You check for gross stuff.
Kaytlin, I SPIT on it. I put my SPIT on the lens and let it dry, then I shine a light on it. Oh, how gross is that?
Well, well, it says ovulation, it could be from down THERE.
I can't get that tiny little microscope all the way up to my ovaries, dear.
Well, you got 7 babies out of there, surely that little thing can fit.

No, I truly can't make this stuff up!
Here is a picture of it. It comes in a little case that looks like it would hold lipstick. It has a cap that comes off like a tube of lipstick.
But you put saliva on the lens and let it dry. When you are ovulating your body produces fern like patterns in the saliva! Isn't God amazing? It gets even better!
The beginning of your cycle you have higher estrogen. As it gets higher and peaks, your body releases an egg.

As that peak goes up and the egg is released, your temp drops then it starts to rise after the egg is released because then your body switches to raising progesterone levels. Isn't God great? He made so many ways for us to know what our body is doing! (I could keep going, but then it may hit the TMI area, because there are two more, gross ways of tracking this)

So, with the microscope I can watch my body go from non-fertile, to fertile, back to not fertile. Then I chart it all and my magic little chart takes all the information and tells me when I am fertile or not and what day I ovulate.
This information is great for people who want to naturally avoid a pregnancy, or to achieve a pregnancy. Or, in my case, to know what your body is actually doing when it starts going wonky.
This is all stuff I am wanting to teach Kaytlin, but as you can see, she is not very cooperative.

I love learning all this. It just confirms to me that no way are our bodies created by a big bang, we were created by a God who is a genius! Every detail is so amazing that I can't help but to recognize my Creator. God is amazing!

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

Oh my I just love to read your blog!!!! makes me laugh every times!!!! Ovulation and saliva could be confusing for a little girl LOL

Grandma J said...

Hmmm...interesting. I totally agree on the evidence of an intelligent Creator. We are definately NOT here by ACCIDENT!!

I can absolutely see how Kaytlin mistook it for lipstick though!

Kris said...

I laughed so hard I snorted!!! LOVE it!
[...and for the record, I think you need to purchase an extra one to keep for a few years till Kaytlin gets married, she just NEEDS to have one given to her at her bridal shower, don'tcha think?]

Canoearoo said...

ROFL!!! THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ ALL DAY!

Lisa said...

Bawhahahaha...That was too funny, to think you stuck it "down below" now that is too funny. On the other side, thanks for the reminder this was out there I had totally forgot about it.

Carina said...

Traumatizing your children again Lisa? Crazy funny, really. Poor Kaytlin. =)

Sassyfrazz said...

That is hysterical! Kaytlin is so funny! I could see the confusion! I have never seen one before either~wouldn't know how it works...well, now I do! If that was a review, that was a super review! :)

Anonymous said...

This is really neat I would like to get one for myself. Were would I get one?

katie_mmartin at yahoo dot com.
Thanks