ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 06, 2008

Cole Family Christmas

Who doesn't love a family story? I loved curling up next to my dad and my brothers and listening to him tell stories of his childhood. (I don't pass them on to my kids, because I'm pretty sure that he didn't really know Daniel Boone or Davey Crocket, lol)
Cole Family Christmas is a book of a wonderful family story that has been passed on for generations. The book is co-written by Jennifer Liu Bryan and Hazel Cole Kendle, a grandmother/granddaughter team.

I enjoyed reading the book and can't wait to pass it on to family members to read. I plan to use it as a family night activity as Christmas approaches.
The story is about an Appalachian family during one Christmas season. The children are excited to be able to write to Santa one item they most wished for from The Wish Book. (Sears catalog) The father is a miner, and there is a time when they think he may not be coming home. There is a storm, which stops the trains from moving, and the father from getting home. Some wonderful things happen, which will bless your heart and teach a moral lesson to everyone.

Thanks to Family Review Network for the wonderful book to review! I also have a second book to give away. Keep reading my blog for the giveaway closer to the Holiday season! I plan to be doing a few fun giveaways just in time for the holidays!
Cole Family Christmas would make a wonderful gift for teachers and families.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

god byrjun