ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 06, 2008

One down, 6 to go

Drew got off with his recruiter just fine this morning. And I did fine, too. Very few tears. I did my grieving when I found out what he was going to do, it made it real to me then.

This is the day we've been working toward for 19 years. The day of letting go. We raise them to fly on their own and to fly well. I am confident that he will fly well because I know Who supports his wings.

Pastor Chad came this morning and joined us in praying for Drew and watched us leave. That was nice, and I know that Drew felt loved by it.

I'd like to link to Drew's commission service when the church website gets updated. It was really nice, and Pastor Chad is quite funny, lol. He tells of his first memory of Drew. A 12 year old Drew sitting up in the front of the bus telling Pastor Chad about a video game. For 40 minutes. The longest 40 minutes of his life. That was Drew, lol. Now it is Cody.

Drew just called and he is safely in Fargo with a room mate waiting for their flight tomorrow. I think he is a bit homesick already, or a bit apprehensive about the future. But he is going to be great and soon will be too busy to think. Or too tired and hungry to think. Either way.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Kris said...

He will be VERY homesick by the end of next week, but hopefully by then you can flood him with mail. Be sure to include pictures of each of his sibs, he'll plaster them to his locker!

Hmm....six to go, eh? How's about replacing him with a newer model?

Aim High!

Mrs. Stam said...

19 years and now on his own wow time fly by!

Sassyfrazz said...

I truly love your perspective, Lisa. He will be prayed over...

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your son, I appreciate his service to our Country!