ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 07, 2008

Day 2 of having an adult child

Things are going well. Drew has called a few times and seems a bit nervous. But that is to be expected, though he won't admit it.
It actually makes me a bit sad to think about what he is going through, more so that us having him gone.
When Drew hugged me good-bye he was shaking a bit, more like a quiver than shaking. When he turned around and got in that car he stopped being under the umbrella of protection of his parents and became his own umbrella. The buck now falls on his shoulders. If he messes up, he is accountable to God directly rather than to us and us being accountable to God. I am sure that is a bit terrifying to anyone! I never really went through that. I was married before I graduated high school, so I went from my dad to my husband.


Here are some pics from the last week.
This is Sam and his cousin, Austin. They are 6 weeks apart in age. I love that the boys are accidentally doing the same thing. Yes, that is Sam, picking his nose.
And Austin picking his nose.
Here are some apple picking pictures. Sam cried and cried and cried, something hurt his eyes at the McD's playland that day.
This is a pic of our neighbors and my kids and Cindy's kids picking apples at Cindy's.

Here is Donnie blowing out the candles on his birthday apple pie. He loved the pie! Here is a sweet picture of our kitten. Her paws were folded under her so cutely that I had to get a picture.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

Ha! Buncha nose pickers! :) So cute! Thanks for your note on my blog!

Sassyfrazz said...

Drew will be ok...and I am sure it is scary for him. I am not looking forward to when Nathaniel leaves the home. He is hitting 10 years old this month. Time will creep up quickly on us.

The pictures are great...cute kitty~ FUnny about Sam and Austin! That is great that Donnie got a pie cake!

Anonymous said...

LOL.....they are so cute!....even if they are picking boogers.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your input!