ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 30, 2008

Drew wrote to us!

We got letters from Drew today!

Hey all!
I'm doing well! I can't wait to get to see you though!

I'm getting really close to my Flight. There are some cool guys in here. We''re finally getting our acts together. For the past few weeks we haven't exactly been smiled upon by the MTI's, but hopefully we can work our butts off and get honor flight.

Personally, I've managed to stay under the radar and not get yelled at too much. I was surprised at how much time you have to eat. I have more than enough time to eat all my food. Granted I have to eat faster than at home, but I don't have trouble finishing meals.

PT is a blast! I was the fastest runner in my flight on our last evaluation! I ran the mile and a half in 9:30! If I work on my push-ups and sit-ups, I'm sure I'll have the Thunderbolt Honors. I think I'll have the Warhawk run time, but the push-ups and sit-ups are insane!

I had KP last weekend. It wasn't terrible. It reminded me of workin' at K-bob, so I was happy, but it was like three times the work and twice the hours. Some of the people didn't have a clue what they were doing, however, so we finished late and an MTI came in to yell at us.

You know, I still need a picture of MY FAMILY, which wasn't in the letter you sent me!

I was thinking, since Grandma lives in AZ, she should come to graduation if she can. I know none of you can make it, but I'd like to have somebody there.

I love you all,
AnDrew

Now, Drew has gone all ferhuddled. He brought pictures of lots of GIRLS, but not one of his family. So I sent him a letter using the new stamps I got with our family picture on them. I made sure he'd have something to look at. How did he not notice it? It is more than double the size of a normal stamp.
It would be awesome to be able to go to his graduation, but I don't know if it is remotely possible. Grandma won't be able to go, she just moved and had major car repairs. So we are leaving it to God to provide for us to go if Drew needs it emotionally.

9 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like Drew is doing really well. Have a good one.

Chad

Mrs. Stam said...

Awww how sweet of him to write!!!! Love the update!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Carina said...

Glad he's getting lots of time to eat!

Hanging Off The Wire said...

God Bless you and your son!

Hi from Momlogic!

Me said...

Thanks for sharing the letter Lisa!! It was fun to be able to hear from him!!:0)

Sassyfrazz said...

That is great that he is doing well. He sounds like he is doing super!

I wonder how he missed the stamp, too. Those stamps are great! You will have to ask him about it...when he is home next. :)

I hope that somehow you will be able to go...even if just one of you could go. :)

Grandma J said...

Thanks for sharing. I was not able to make it to either of my kids' graduations from Basic. It just didn't seem to make sens to spend money I didn't have and fly somewhere after they'd been gone just 6 weeks. Jessica did have her grandparents come, (her dad's parents) because they lived nearby in TX at the time. I know it would mean an awful lot to him for you to be there though. I gotta get that card off to him!

siteseer said...

Sounds like he's adjusting very well. As a mother that has to be music to your ears. I can't believe he didn't notice the stamp either. Love to keep up with your family. I've got something for you over at my blog.

Anonymous said...

You should be happy for him dear maybe hesw found the girl hes been looking for.